• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

how much does UCLA look at 1st semester grades?

doctor0125

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
  1. Medical Student
    how much does UCLA look at 1st semester senior year grades? I mean since they admit so late do you think they really look into your first semester grades a lot? I guess this can apply to other schools that admit late.

LifetimeDoc

EM Attending
    10+ Year Member
    Apr 30, 2006
    USA
    1. Attending Physician
      • If they ask you for your grades during the application process, they matter. The school may be looking to see if you are still keeping your current level of academic performance. This is probably more interesting to them if they are looking for an upward trend, if your grades were poor in your earlier years.
      • If you send them the grades before an acceptance without prompting by the school, they'll matter. This is good if they are good grades that raise or keep your GPA steady. This is bad if it lowers your GPA. Duh! :)
      • If they are C's in a prereq or a D/F in a non-prereq that you haven't completed yet, it will probably matter.
      • If they are a D or F in a prereq that you haven't completed yet, I guarantee you'll lose your acceptance.
      • If they don't find out until after your acceptance, and it's not a D or F, then it probably won't matter.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.