SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How much free time do you have in pharmacy school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by lychee719, Jun 21, 2008.

1. lychee719

lychee719 Accepted Pharmacy Student 5+ Year Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Hey you guys that are currently in pharmacy school (lucky!!!)
    I was just wondering how much free time you have in school. My boyfriend and I have 5 I was wondering how much time I will be able to spend with my 'family.' Being a pharmacist is my dream no matter what, but I just wanted to be prepared, knowing how much time I will get to spend with them.
    I had this dream last night where I got into UOP but the admissions people said the only way they would let me actually go to the school was if I broke up with my boyfriend and gave my pets away!!! :( haha
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

I have many classmates who are either married or engaged. So, it is possible to maintain a family while in pharmacy school.

I think the biggest difference between college and pharmacy school is that many students won't have the flexibility to party on-demand. Unless a person is really intelligent and/or have great time-management skills, frequent socializing isn't as common. But that's how everyone's life will turn out once people graduate from pharmacy school.

The workload between pharmacy schools may differ a little. In general, there is time for me to go out and/or take part in extracurricular activities. I just can't party all week without getting really behind in homework. Then again, I didn't work last year and the P1 year at Creighton is really easy compared to P2 and P3. However, it's not like people become hermits during professional school.