Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How much free time do you have in pharmacy school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by lychee719, Jun 21, 2008.

1. lychee719

lychee719 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey you guys that are currently in pharmacy school (lucky!!!)
    I was just wondering how much free time you have in school. My boyfriend and I have 5 pets...so I was wondering how much time I will be able to spend with my 'family.' Being a pharmacist is my dream no matter what, but I just wanted to be prepared, knowing how much time I will get to spend with them.
    I had this dream last night where I got into UOP but the admissions people said the only way they would let me actually go to the school was if I broke up with my boyfriend and gave my pets away!!! :( haha

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I have many classmates who are either married or engaged. So, it is possible to maintain a family while in pharmacy school.

I think the biggest difference between college and pharmacy school is that many students won't have the flexibility to party on-demand. Unless a person is really intelligent and/or have great time-management skills, frequent socializing isn't as common. But that's how everyone's life will turn out once people graduate from pharmacy school.

The workload between pharmacy schools may differ a little. In general, there is time for me to go out and/or take part in extracurricular activities. I just can't party all week without getting really behind in homework. Then again, I didn't work last year and the P1 year at Creighton is really easy compared to P2 and P3. However, it's not like people become hermits during professional school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...