how much harder are kaplan exams from ek and nextstep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedkid1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im gonna do/have done

ns 1
ns 3
ns 4
ns 5
ek 1 (only do physical sciences and bis sections: split them up)
ek 3
ek 4

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add kaplan exams

(scheduled for sep 1st)

Members don't see this ad.

Not harder and less representative. If you have extra time and want a bit of content-review, then maybe add one or two. Otherwise stick with your plan above ^

j/w why don't you like exam 2 from either ns or ek :)

Reactions: 1 user
Not harder and less representative. If you have extra time and want a bit of content-review, then maybe add one or two. Otherwise stick with your plan above ^

j/w why don't you like exam 2 from either ns or ek :)

Thank you!
I did research on ns exams, and heard advice to skip fl 2 because its not representative at all of the mcat.

And then for ek, I heard fl 3 and fl4 were the better ek exams. Unfortunately...I found this out after buying ek 1 :(

Thank you!
I did research on ns exams, and heard advice to skip fl 2 because its not representative at all of the mcat.

And then for ek, I heard fl 3 and fl4 were the better ek exams. Unfortunately...I found this out after buying ek 1 :(
EK2 was worth doing, I thought its C/P was devastatingly difficult but great practice but yes EK4 and EK3 are the best ones. EK1 and EK2 are good to have done if you get some annoying low-yield C/P