agent

agent, RN
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2002
Near Chicago
finallyfantasy.com
Status
I've been contemplating my future with school's tuitions and all and I'm wondering how much is everyone willing to pay including expenses to get your med education.

I'm really looking to limit it to under 150k.

That's why certain schools are off my list. I guess its state school for me. UIC here I come.

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
Limbo
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm thinking somewhere more than $120,000...then it's indentured service for life.

About the Ads

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
Including undergrad, a master's program, and medical school...I plan to borrow around 125K..of which 50K will be subsidized, while the rest has interest gathering all the while:rolleyes:

kito

Big Evil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
deep within
Visit site
Status
if i go to a public med school (which is a distinct possibility, as a new york state resident) i think i'll be able to fully foot the bill. if i go to private school, i hope to limit the debt to under $80k.

LadyLuck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2002
Milwaukee WI
Visit site
Status
This is one of the issues that "scares" me about going to medical school. ALL of mine and my husbands undergrad is going to be loans, and also he wants to go to law school after undergrad, so I think we will be living in a cardboard box when it comes time to pay all of that back. By the way, does anyone know how it works as far as loan repayment during residency?? Just curious..... Thanks!

About the Ads