How much info do we need to know about plants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsoni

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hate studying for the plants. I have my DAT on Tuesday, and I was trying to do plants section from Cliff's but I feel like it's way too detailed. I skipped plants until now because like I said, I completely hate studying about plants and I thought I'd retain the info better if I do it few days before the test. But it's a struggle lol. Do we really need to know that much detail about plants? What would you recommend focusing my energy on?

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If your DAT is Tuesday, just go over as much basics as you can. It's impossible for anyone to tell you how detailed they may ask since each version of the exam differs from each other. I hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I absolutely hate studying for the plants. I have my DAT on Tuesday, and I was trying to do plants section from Cliff's but I feel like it's way too detailed. I skipped plants until now because like I said, I completely hate studying about plants and I thought I'd retain the info better if I do it few days before the test. But it's a struggle lol. Do we really need to know that much detail about plants? What would you recommend focusing my energy on?

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

totally variable -- some bio sections have 0 plants (mine did not have any) but many other people had plants on their bio sections.

There is a breakdown provided by the DAT test makers of the % of questions in the bio section that comes from each topic. I would take a look at that and you can see what topics they emphasize/don't emphasize.

Reactions: 1 users
I wrote twice and the first time I encountered 2 plant questions and the second time I encountered none! So yeah like the others said, very variable. Study the general concepts! Hope all went well