how much is LUCK involved in step1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i mean what if u s#ck at biochem and you end up getting 50 biochem questions and 10 questions on micro which was your best subject?

Members don't see this ad.

chef said:
i mean what if u s#ck at biochem and you end up getting 50 biochem questions and 10 questions on micro which was your best subject?

Lately, all I can imagine is that step I is going to bombard me with questions pertaining to my weak spots (embryo, anatomy and biochem- ok most of first year). I feel like I've paid a hefty chunk of money to participate in a sadistic lottery :eek: .

my score will be inversely correlated with how many anat/embryo i get. :mad: :mad: :mad:

This mad smiley sucks......it does not accurately portray my anger... :mad: :mad: :mad

chef said:

Then that's some bad luck :)

Yea, I feel the same way. This test is luck of the draw. Best you can do is stack the deck in your favor by studying your weakest subjects in case they do come up. But then on test day you can't get mad, just play the hand you were dealt and hope that the USMLE gods will smile down on you and throw out all those questions you didn't know.