How much money do YOU expect to make?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you start talking about horsepower I'll be forced to propose marriage. We'll live happily ever after watching Top Gear and racing each other in expensive cars.

:love: I love Top Gear!!!! I was watching the Veyron being tested out episode. I'm actually going to a car show at the end of the month. Theme? Ferrari vs. Lambo..can't wait!!!!!!
I might have to take you up on that offer but the minute the words 'kids' come out of your mouth I'm kicking you to the curb :cool: i'll already have two babies named Porsche and Ferrari.

Members don't see this ad.

:love: I love Top Gear!!!! I was watching the Veyron being tested out episode. I'm actually going to a car show at the end of the month. Theme? Ferrari vs. Lambo..can't wait!!!!!!
I might have to take you up on that offer but the minute the words 'kids' come out of your mouth I'm kicking you to the curb :cool: i'll already have two babies named Porsche and Ferrari.

That's my "If I won the lottery" car.
Can I get by with a diamond ring or does it have to be a Ferrari Keyring?

Members don't see this ad :)
You've never heard of Milton Friedman? Seriously???

Nope, but he sounds like he doesn't have a clue about medicine if he actually advocated for the abolishing of medical licenses. Just like whoever wrote your website who thinks that indian docs are gonna take over American medicine, lol.

That's my "If I won the lottery" car.
Can I get by with a diamond ring or does it have to be a Ferrari Keyring?

:laugh: I guess i'll have to settle with the diamond ring.

As long as I make enough money to drive this:

rga_astonmartin_cars_beauty_v8vantagesroadster_03.jpg

But what happens if regulations are loosened to the point that some foreign doctors can practice medicine in the US without a US residency? How can US doctors make six-figure incomes if we have to compete with Indian doctors on an equal footing? (which is not how it is today, since US med students currently are at a huge advantage when it comes to residencies).

To expect this not to happen in the next 40 years or so is naive.
I suspect you are a gunner trying to care off the competition.

You did not do very well in college, so you are doing a post bacc to get into a DO school. At the same time you spend half the day trying to tell everyone on this board how little money they will make and how everyone will hate them if they become a doctor.

If you honestly believed it was as bad as you post, it is inconcievable that you would be willing to risk blowing a ton of money on the post-bacc you have been asking about since there is no guarantee you do any better there than you did in undergrad.

I don't know about the rest of these folks but I'm definitely obsessed with cars :D some people splurge on their kids, some people splurge on themselves, but out of all the things that I, for sure, 100% going to do once I get a nice big fat paycheck after my debt is paid off is to get my dream cars. I don't care if it isn't financially smart or secure, but I only live once, and the happiness I'd incur will be worth it :love:

Amen, sista! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

You did not do very well in college, so you are doing a post bacc to get into a DO school. At the same time you spend half the day trying to tell everyone on this board how little money they will make and how everyone will hate them if they become a doctor.

If you honestly believed it was as bad as you post, it is inconcievable that you would be willing to risk blowing a ton of money on the post-bacc you have been asking about since there is no guarantee you do any better there than you did in undergrad.
If I was a gunner then why would I consider a DO school instead of an allo school with better opportunities for neurosurgery, derm, radiology, etc.? And if I was a gunner, I would have never gotten low grades in undergrad.

And no, I never claimed that everyone will hate doctors. Medicine is still a respected profession, but at a time when 10% of the workforce is unemployed, and many many others are concerned about the security of their job, people will at the very least envy a profession in which a six figure income is the norm and job security is excellent.

It is too bad that people expect to live the high life when trends clearly point to lower reimbursement and more student loans, and perhaps some real competition from the rest of the world if some barriers are removed. This is the world we live in. I do not expect to be a rich doctor. People who are going into medicine for the money are the ones who will be telling the next generation of premeds not to do medicine.

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of these folks but I'm definitely obsessed with cars :D some people splurge on their kids, some people splurge on themselves, but out of all the things that I, for sure, 100% going to do once I get a nice big fat paycheck after my debt is paid off is to get my dream cars. I don't care if it isn't financially smart or secure, but I only live once, and the happiness I'd incur will be worth it :love:
If cars make you happier than a big house or other expensive items/toys, then go for it.

if i was a gunner then why would i consider a do school instead of an allo school with better opportunities for neurosurgery, derm, radiology, etc.? And if i was a gunner, i would have never gotten low grades in undergrad.

It is too bad that people expect to live the high life when trends clearly point to lower reimbursement and more student loans, and perhaps some real competition from the rest of the world if some barriers are removed. This is the world we live in. I do not expect to be a rich doctor. People who are going into medicine for the money are the ones who will be telling the next generation of premeds not to do medicine.

whatever dubaidowner.

ferrari-f430-spider-1.jpg

29_30_13---Porsche-Carrera-GT_web.jpg

slide_1.jpg

this thread needs more pictures of cars

My point is that if you want an expensive car, then you will probably have to forgo some other perks that come with high incomes, if you don't want to be like the neurosurgeon who had to sell his Porsche.

Also, you'll have to save up for the speeding tickets that you'll get. A few weeks ago I saw a Lamborghini that kept cutting into different lanes on the highway, and then went to the shoulder of the road to move past the other cars.

My point is that if you want an expensive car, then you will probably have to forgo some other perks that come with high incomes, if you don't want to be like the neurosurgeon who had to sell his Porsche.

yeah, being single, and not having kids and working like an insane person.

yeah, being single, and not having kids and working like an insane person.
If that's the life you want, then you'll have no problem. I would rather have a family and pay off my student loans as quickly as possible, take some vacations, and build up a good net worth before looking at 100K+ cars.

If I was a gunner then why would I consider a DO school instead of an allo school with better opportunities for neurosurgery, derm, radiology, etc.? And if I was a gunner, I would have never gotten low grades in undergrad.

And no, I never claimed that everyone will hate doctors. Medicine is still a respected profession, but at a time when 10% of the workforce is unemployed, and many many others are concerned about the security of their job, people will at the very least envy a profession in which a six figure income is the norm and job security is excellent.

Gunner does not mean intelligent hard working person. A gunner tries to gun down his competition. You are trying to scare people away from medicine. You are gunning.

You did not consider an allo school because without a long time of GPA repair, they would not consider you. This assumes your prior threads are honest.

If that's the life you want, then you'll have no problem. I would rather have a family and pay off my student loans as quickly as possible, take some vacations, and build up a good net worth before looking at 100K+ cars.

You're being pretty condescending, and don't tell me you're not. Who says I won't build up a net, have vacations and pay off my loans? Just because you want a family..

ugh whatever. no point in arguing with you.

You're being pretty condescending, and don't tell me you're not. Who says I won't build up a net, have vacations and pay off my loans? Just because you want a family..

There's nothing wrong with choosing to be single. Some people have different priorities than others. For example, I'd rather live in a cold, snowy area, even if it means less opportunity for high income than some place in the South. Most others couldn't care less, but I am passionate about winter weather.

And doctors are infamous for being financially irresponsible, which means they'll be big spenders right after residency with a huge house or expensive car before they get their student loans under control.

Last edited:
Gunner does not mean intelligent hard working person. A gunner tries to gun down his competition. You are trying to scare people away from medicine. You are gunning.

You did not consider an allo school because without a long time of GPA repair, they would not consider you. This assumes your prior threads are honest.
Scaring away 5-10 people at the most will make a negligible difference in the competition. That is not what I am trying to do.

Y u so mad tho? I didn't think he said anything condescending or out of line.

If people honestly think they're going to be buying the cars that have been posted, they're probably at least a little delusional.

Anyone who thinks I'm some doom and gloomer hasn't read much of anything posted by Nilf or Law2Doc.

Anyone who thinks I'm some doom and gloomer hasn't read much of anything posted by Nilf or Law2Doc.

Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts hurts has never been shot in the nuts.

Just because someone may or may not be more of a "doom and gloomer" than you does not mean that you are not one a well.

Y u so mad tho? I didn't think he said anything condescending or out of line.

If people honestly think they're going to be buying the cars that have been posted, they're probably at least a little delusional.

Maybe it's because I frequent car shows a lot and talk to the owners, but I know tons and tons and tons of doctors (both specialities, and non-specialties) who drive the very cars that are being posted here. They're not even swimming in dollars or have major practices. It's easily do-able. Ever visit the parking lots of the doctors at the hospital? Porsches, Mercedes, BMWs, Bentleys..all lined up.

this might sound weird or ill-motivated but..... hopefully more than most dentists and pharmacists.

Chill out dude. You're being paranoid. It's not like Dubai is pulling stuff out of his ass. The medical profession won't be as it was and is years from now. And it won't be for the better. We should question why we want to become a doctor, and if threats of likely decreased doctor salaries in the future is "scaring away the competition" to you, then you need to take things from perspective.

Cayman R....meh. They say it's more fun to drive than a straight up 911. IMO, if you're driving anything with less trim than the 80K Carrera S you shouldn't waste money on a Porsche. Cayman R doesn't even come with A/C or a stereo as standard options.

You want 80K worth of performance? Get a 500 horsepower Nissan GTR or go with the even less-expensive Shelby GT 500 previously pictured. You want 80K worth of comfort and German engineering? Go with a BMW M3 or ante up to the M5.

boils down to tastes, so i'll respectfully disagree ;)
The Cayman R isn't supposed to come with any options, the car is like a large go-kart... pure driving experience. The luxury is stripped out for weight reduction, and perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Not to mention that there isn't too much of a mark-up on it... for 60k, youd be hard-pressed to find an equivelent driving machine.
The GTR? i LOVE it, but that 70k sticker sells for 140k EASY. They aren't sold at sticker.

That said... I'm not picky, I got love for LOTS of cars :)

boils down to tastes, so i'll respectfully disagree ;)
The Cayman R isn't supposed to come with any options, the car is like a large go-kart... pure driving experience. The luxury is stripped out for weight reduction, and perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Not to mention that there isn't too much of a mark-up on it... for 60k, youd be hard-pressed to find an equivelent driving machine.
The GTR? i LOVE it, but that 70k sticker sells for 140k EASY. They aren't sold at sticker.

That said... I'm not picky, I got love for LOTS of cars :)

haha that and loyalties! I was raised in Europe, so I love me some italian/german designs :love: I totally dislike asian cars :thumbdown: I can do without American cars.

Woo thank you Gamma Knife for some eye candy :love:

I hope they make a nice looking electric car in the future when I'm out of residency.

I dont know who you are but you literally picked my two favorite cars in the world :love: :love: :love: :love: i .love.you!!!!

omg me too

SOUL MATES????? :love:

Whatever, you guys can only carry around 1 girl in your Cayman.

I'm bringing FOUR in my corolla. Maybe 6 if I get the Caravan.

What now?

Whatever, you guys can only carry around 1 girl in your Cayman.

I'm bringing FOUR in my corolla. Maybe 6 if I get the Caravan.

What now?

who said anything about a cayman? Bring out the Carrera pleaseee :rolleyes: that's a four seater.