How much money will you owe at the end??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just caculated that I will owe about 100k after 4 years and I am going to UF....how about you guys??

Members don't see this ad.

Just graduated this year and owe 117k...yeah!

$38,035.46 total in tuition for 4 years.

I have the opportunity to live with the parents for the first semester or two... and commute for a 70 minute drive, so that would save me at least 12k a year. I don't know if I could do that for 4 more years though. :/

So a minimum of 38k and a maximum of around 70k :(

Members don't see this ad :)
For my 4 year pharmacy tuition alone, I would owe a little over $80,000.

About 90K, including my undergrad student loans. :thumbdown:

I estimated mine to be around $113,000 by the time I graduate. It could be higher.

letjin said:
I'll be one of the very few that will owe nothing. :) I live at home w/ parents and commute to school about 20 miles away, which is around 1 hr with traffic. I switched to taking trains...so now I study on the way to school. My school's tuition is around 20K/year, I get 15K scholarship/year, my summer internship will worth around 5K after tax. I plan to do a residency after I graduate.
can i ask what kind of scholarship you have, letjin?

pharmv said:
I just caculated that I will owe about 100k after 4 years and I am going to UF....how about you guys??

I am going to be going to UF as well, and I will be about 128k because i will be taking out the full allowable loan amount. I need the extra money to live off of while I am in.

None, mommy and daddy are paying (if I get off the waitlist!). Not a problem for them, since in-province education is relatively -- well, really -- cheap in the Great White North. I could easily pay if I wanted to. ;)

$28,000 for undergrad

Est. $60,000 for Pharmacy school, if I pay for every penny with loans, which I will unless I get some amazing summer job or something, and assuming the tuition at Madison doesn't go up too much and I have at least two roomates and live in a crapshack, which I am used to.

102k federal
38k pvt

hoping to stay under 100k

I'm in undergrad right now and lucky(or unlucky) enough to be receiving almost full financial aid. I'll be entering pharm school with only ~$10,000 in subsidized loans.

Does anyone know how Fafsa treats pharmacy students that have degrees? Are pell grants available, or can we only receive loans?

letjin, that sounds like a helluva deal. Would you mind mentioning which school you go to? Sorry if thats too intrusive.

dirtyart said:
I'm in undergrad right now and lucky(or unlucky) enough to be receiving almost full financial aid. I'll be entering pharm school with only ~$10,000 in subsidized loans.

Does anyone know how Fafsa treats pharmacy students that have degrees? Are pell grants available, or can we only receive loans?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the government provides absolutely NO help for graduate studies so I highly doubt you will get any pell grants. You are seen as an independent adult (even if you're under 21 and your parents still claim you as a dependent), and the school will only give you loans, unless of course you nab some merit scholarship or some kind of scholarship from your school (or from other sources).