How much money would you rather have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much money would you rather have?

• Total voters

constructor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, how much money would you rather have... seriously?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, where are the obvious choices?

I'd rather vote on how quickly this will get moved to the lounge! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
this has to be better than the "what degree do you want poll?" !

why isnt $5.50 in the poll...thats how much my lunch costs. darn.

SailCrazy said:
I'd rather vote on how quickly this will get moved to the lounge! :p

we can do that, too. anything pointless is the only acceptable poll item for today.

uclabruin2003 said:

Wow.

$5.50 is rape for lunch. :(

The only time I spend that much on lunch is on Mondays when there's the special at the Q Shack:

BBQ Sandwich(with cole slaw on top of course)
Hush Puppies
One side(Mac&Cheese, potato salad, baked beans, fried okra, etc.)
Drink(sweet tea of course)

Total cost: $5.31(w/ tax)

Yummy. :D

uclabruin2003 said:

$20 will cover it for 3 days.. and you'll have some change left over at the end!!! :)

constructor said:
Yes, how much money would you rather have... seriously?

Hmmm... I need about three fiddy'...

Chef's dad: Do you crockers like to hear about the time we saw the Loch Ness monster?
Stan: Nah, that's ok
Chef's dad: Oeh, it must have been about 7,8 years ago, me and the little lady where on this boat you see, all alone at night when all of a sudden a hugh creature, a giant crestation from the payload lidicure comes out of the water
Chef's mom: We where so scared lord a murder, I jumped up in the boat and said 'thomas what on earth is that creature!'
Chef's dad: It stood above us looking down with it's big red arms...

Chef's mom: O, it was so scary
Chef's dad: And I yelled I said 'what do you want from us you monster!' and the monster bend down and said 'I need about threefiddy'

Chef's Father: Dammit, monster, I ain't givin you no treefiddy.

Chef's Mom: Oh, Lord he was angry.
Chef's Dad: Damn right i was angry...
Chef's Mom: No, not you, the monster; he was about to kick yo' ass

:( :mad: :scared:

this thread makes me sad. money is the root of all problems :thumbdown:

SanDiegoSOD said:
Hmmm... I need about three fiddy'...

Chef's dad: Do you crockers like to hear about the time we saw the Loch Ness monster?
Stan: Nah, that's ok
Chef's dad: Oeh, it must have been about 7,8 years ago, me and the little lady where on this boat you see, all alone at night when all of a sudden a hugh creature, a giant crestation from the payload lidicure comes out of the water
Chef's mom: We where so scared lord a murder, I jumped up in the boat and said 'thomas what on earth is that creature!'
Chef's dad: It stood above us looking down with it's big red arms...

Chef's mom: O, it was so scary
Chef's dad: And I yelled I said 'what do you want from us you monster!' and the monster bend down and said 'I need about threefiddy'

Chef's Father: Dammit, monster, I ain't givin you no treefiddy.

Chef's Mom: Oh, Lord he was angry.
Chef's Dad: Damn right i was angry...
Chef's Mom: No, not you, the monster; he was about to kick yo' ass

"What!?! YOU GAVE HIM 3.50? WOMAN! That's why he kept coming back!"

Or something like that. :D

kids, there's an important lesson to be learned here in all of this utter nonsense. the lesson is that i want each and every one of you to ask yourself this very question when trying to decide on a specialty four years down the road. almost everyone (except for some simpleton) picked $20. what this tells us is that we would only be happy making the most money that our profession has to offer. i encourage all of you to seriously reflect on this important lesson you learned today and make it the basis of the decision you make 4 years down the road. i want all of us to have $20... not $0, not $5, and certainly not $10!!!

Fermata said:
Wow.

$5.50 is rape for lunch. :(

The only time I spend that much on lunch is on Mondays when there's the special at the Q Shack:

BBQ Sandwich(with cole slaw on top of course)
Hush Puppies
One side(Mac&Cheese, potato salad, baked beans, fried okra, etc.)
Drink(sweet tea of course)

Total cost: $5.31(w/ tax)

Yummy. :D

when you live in NYC...a lunch for 5.50 is dirt cheap! That gets me either a sandwich with "free chips and soda" or salad with "free chips or soda". There's this place on 17th st...not very fancy but very popular...you can get a salad to go (pretty basic stuff) and not even dine-in for about $9...now thats what i call rape!

Constructor: I wish i thought like you...too bad that I think one day at a time. ha :laugh:

constructor said:
kids, there's an important lesson to be learned here. the lesson is that i want each and every one of you to ask yourself this very question when trying to decide on a specialty four years down the road. almost everyone (except for some simpleton) picked $20. what this tells us is that we would only be happy making the most money that our profession has to offer. i encourage all of you to seriously reflect on this important lesson you learned today and make it the basis of the decision you make 4 years down the road. i want all of us to have $20... not $0, not $5, and certainly not $10!!!

guess i was the simpleton. then again...i want to work with underserved populations! doh! serves me right.

yeah, someone better get their priorities straight before it's too late.

why would anyone prefer 5 dollars over 20???