How much money would you trade in your Pharm.D degree?

About the Ads
Jun 28, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I'd be happy to go back in time to 18-- relive college and pick something different ( knowing the market etc now). Tho I do like my job a great deal now.

Reactions: 1 user

BeLikeBueller

Doctor of Comic Relief
Oct 3, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I'd take 87 cents, a pack of gum, and a paper clip.

No, I'm just kidding. Big-box retail wants you to sell your soul for a lot less these days though...

Dred Pirate

7+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
depends.
Do I have to fall back on my BA degree? if so, thinking it would have to be 1 million (the interest I make on it + what I would make with my old degree to make up the difference.)

If I could go back in time and change professions? Give me 500k and I will get my Phd and do research at a big university

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Considering I have no bachelor's degree, I would say 2 million. That can support me for a while.

297point1

Happy with our pass rate
10+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2009
Recruiting Trail
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
Fortunately, I actually enjoy my job, and could only envision doing one other thing. However, that other thing would represent a significant salary cut.

(Current salary x years until retirement) + (Engineering school tuition x 3 years) - (anticipated engineer salary x [years until retirement - 3 years]) = $2.45 million

Looks like I am staying put.

Dred Pirate

7+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Fortunately, I actually enjoy my job, and could only envision doing one other thing. However, that other thing would represent a significant salary cut.

(Current salary x years until retirement) + (Engineering school tuition x 3 years) - (anticipated engineer salary x [years until retirement - 3 years]) = $2.45 million

Looks like I am staying put.
well my "dream job" would be owning a beach bar in Anguilla, but still having enough money to fly back to the US whenever I wanted. So I guess I would need about 5-10 million for that and keep my standard of living.

May 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
the cost of tuition/living expenses during engie school, cost to get my pharmd, and lost earning potential during school.

Honestly I'd probably do it for less though...just the cost of school and 1/2 the earnings lost during school.

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
10 million...

Anybody who is willing to trade their degree for 200k, 500k, or a mil is an idiot, unless they can not find a job or is a loser. 200k- a million is not worth 6 years of my life, and the income that I made after.

I already made a million from my degree..., while my friends are at half that.

Time are tough but without a pharmD, we will generally be doing a lot worst...

And I have a lot of friends who went to medical school or in finance. They are generally equal at income to me but have the potential to make a lot more in the near future. However they sacrifice their youth for that. I was able to enjoy my 20's popping bottles in Vegas and driving nice cars.

PharmG!

Reactions: 1 users

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2006
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I would not trade in my degree. Maybe if pharmacist became as obsolete as elevator operators, then I might consider it. Otherwise, I still think it is a great career & a great field, and far more promising then many other job fields.

Reactions: 1 user

Momus

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I'd trade it for free. Just make me 17 again. I'd choose a different profession.

zelman

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Can I keep my licenses? The degree itself has done all it's going to do for me already.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.