How much money would you trade in your Pharm.D degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
200 k? 500 k? 1 mil?

Members don't see this ad.

Right now? I'd say about 800,000, after graduation 1.2 mill or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
$2.5M after tax.

Assuming a 4% annual withdrawal rate I'd be living on $100k after tax.

I'd take 87 cents, a pack of gum, and a paper clip.

No, I'm just kidding. Big-box retail wants you to sell your soul for a lot less these days though...

depends.
Do I have to fall back on my BA degree? if so, thinking it would have to be 1 million (the interest I make on it + what I would make with my old degree to make up the difference.)

If I could go back in time and change professions? Give me 500k and I will get my Phd and do research at a big university

Considering I have no bachelor's degree, I would say 2 million. That can support me for a while.

Fortunately, I actually enjoy my job, and could only envision doing one other thing. However, that other thing would represent a significant salary cut.

(Current salary x years until retirement) + (Engineering school tuition x 3 years) - (anticipated engineer salary x [years until retirement - 3 years]) = $2.45 million

Looks like I am staying put.

Fortunately, I actually enjoy my job, and could only envision doing one other thing. However, that other thing would represent a significant salary cut.

(Current salary x years until retirement) + (Engineering school tuition x 3 years) - (anticipated engineer salary x [years until retirement - 3 years]) = $2.45 million

Looks like I am staying put.
well my "dream job" would be owning a beach bar in Anguilla, but still having enough money to fly back to the US whenever I wanted. So I guess I would need about 5-10 million for that and keep my standard of living.

the cost of tuition/living expenses during engie school, cost to get my pharmd, and lost earning potential during school.

Honestly I'd probably do it for less though...just the cost of school and 1/2 the earnings lost during school.

Nothing I wouldn't trade in for $500 milion in cold, hard cash.

Reactions: 1 user
just give me back my tuition money and 10 years of my life back, cut my losses

Nothing I wouldn't trade in for $500 milion in cold, hard cash.

I would trade it in for 500 million, but just because it would be super expensive to replace the satisfaction that the career brings.

10 million...

Anybody who is willing to trade their degree for 200k, 500k, or a mil is an idiot, unless they can not find a job or is a loser. 200k- a million is not worth 6 years of my life, and the income that I made after.

I already made a million from my degree..., while my friends are at half that.

Time are tough but without a pharmD, we will generally be doing a lot worst...

And I have a lot of friends who went to medical school or in finance. They are generally equal at income to me but have the potential to make a lot more in the near future. However they sacrifice their youth for that. I was able to enjoy my 20's popping bottles in Vegas and driving nice cars.

PharmG!

Reactions: 1 users
I would not trade in my degree. Maybe if pharmacist became as obsolete as elevator operators, then I might consider it. Otherwise, I still think it is a great career & a great field, and far more promising then many other job fields.

I'd trade it for free. Just make me 17 again. I'd choose a different profession.

I'll trade my Pharm.D with 1 Million in cash....

Can I keep my licenses? The degree itself has done all it's going to do for me already.