How much notice should I give?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, how much of a notice should I give my boss if I'm going to quit? I have no problems with my boss at all and I'm gonna need LOR's from him later on, so I have to do this in a way so that I don't burn any bridges.

I'm taking the PTCE this week, and as soon as I get the certification, I plan on applying to hospitals or different companies. From what I heard, I doubt that CVS is going to give me a substantial pay raise after the certification, and with gas prices going up, and since my next car is going to be a gas guzzler, I need the extra money.

No, getting a Toyota Prius or some other POS/economical car is not an option. I'm a horsepower and torque *****, not to mention since I like to participate in Autocross, I need a performance car.

Anyway, not getting too off track, how much time should I give my boss to find a replacement? The biggest problem for my boss is that we are short staffed and our hours were cut.

In all modesty, Friday nights and weekends are hell. Friday nights, he's only allowed to keep one tech. So, from 4PM on, it is only me and my boss and about 100 scripts. Not to mention people picking things up. The front store is short-staffed as well, so a lot of times the customers come to the pharmacy to ring up their stuff.

Anyways, finding a replacement who can do drop-off efficiently, production, pick-up, reconstitution, and inventory management will take a lot of time to train. It took me a good 9 months to get experienced with the system.

Anyway, is two weeks enough? Or should I make it a month?

Members don't see this ad.

Generally speaking, the rule is usually 2 weeks (unless you're in management and then it is 4 weeks). I try to give a month notice whenever I can.

the policy at my pharmacy is 2 weeks notice. maybe there's a certain number of weeks requirement per your pharmacy also that u dont know about? or maybe there isn't one but u didn't mention it in your post. but i certainly would take a look into that first if i were u.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, how much of a notice should I give my boss if I'm going to quit? I have no problems with my boss at all and I'm gonna need LOR's from him later on, so I have to do this in a way so that I don't burn any bridges.

I'm taking the PTCE this week, and as soon as I get the certification, I plan on applying to hospitals or different companies. From what I heard, I doubt that CVS is going to give me a substantial pay raise after the certification, and with gas prices going up, and since my next car is going to be a gas guzzler, I need the extra money.

No, getting a Toyota Prius or some other POS/economical car is not an option. I'm a horsepower and torque *****, not to mention since I like to participate in Autocross, I need a performance car.

Anyway, not getting too off track, how much time should I give my boss to find a replacement? The biggest problem for my boss is that we are short staffed and our hours were cut.

In all modesty, Friday nights and weekends are hell. Friday nights, he's only allowed to keep one tech. So, from 4PM on, it is only me and my boss and about 100 scripts. Not to mention people picking things up. The front store is short-staffed as well, so a lot of times the customers come to the pharmacy to ring up their stuff.

Anyways, finding a replacement who can do drop-off efficiently, production, pick-up, reconstitution, and inventory management will take a lot of time to train. It took me a good 9 months to get experienced with the system.

Anyway, is two weeks enough? Or should I make it a month?

defn give them a month, about a week to find someone, then they have to watch all those training vids and after some onsite experience they'll be set and it'll be no hard feelings towards you. Of course they wont' understand everything for a while, but you know.

Well, I narrowed down my list to these cars in order of preference.

1. Mazda Mazdaspeed3
2. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
3. Subaru WRX STI
4. Volkswagen R32
5. Honda Civic Si
5. Used BMW M3
6. Dodge Charger SRT8

um, i'm bias towards hondas so i'd say the si. It'll be reliable, decent gas mileage, and not too expensive to repair. Not nearly as expensive as everything else on there.

mitsubishi isn't exactly reliable, and neither is volkswagon. Mitsubishi more so than volkswagon. m3 is going to be expensive as hell to fix in the even of a breakdown. I don't know much about mazdaspeed3 nor srt8, i just hope dodge is putting more quality in there engines if you know what i mean.....

I currently have a 2006 Accord. It is a real low maintenance car. The only things I've ever had to replace were the brake pads and tires, but that's just because I'm aggressive with the brakes. And fixing some dents that I got from parking my car too close to a truck.

It's kinda funny how cars are similar to girls. The real hot ones require a ****load of maintenance and give you a hard time, while the not so hot ones are low maintenance.

The thing with the Civic Si are that it even though it has 200 HP, it doesn't have much torque, and that's what I'm looking for.

The Mazda Mazdaspeed3 is 263 HP and 280 lbs/feet torque. Definitely the most affordable out of the bunch I listed there.

I'm in love with the Charger after watching Transformers. And I just love Bimmers for some reason even though they are a pain in the *** to fix.