how much of your life do you waste on SDN????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qualityhealth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
lets all practice abstinence from the hardcore sex that is SDN. for some reason I"ve been checking it ALOT lately. maybe its because I start 13 new threads a day, ahahah. I think in a 24 hour time frame I would say I spend 2.5 hours a day..its always 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there, by the end of the day..i wonder, wtf?

so..i hereby swear that I'll only spend 30 minutes a day on it...15 minutes when I first wake up, then 15 minutes, after I call it quits for the day and go to bed.

write your name if you're with me, and why.., the more names, the more support, lets all inspire each other to become better premed students and quit this beautiful addiction:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say it's a waste..

I typically spend a good 2-6 hours a day online, either on SDN or the several other message boards I frequent.

It works great for me. I sit here at my desk all day studying and spend my breaks on SDN. I write a ton, so my hand cramps up, and I HAVE to take a quick break every 15-20 mins or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really bad at the moment, but that's because I'm grading really bad papers that hurt to read. I'd post samples, but I'm afraid my comments might pop up in Google and my students might come across them.

I'm really bad at the moment, but that's because I'm grading really bad papers that hurt to read. I'd post samples, but I'm afraid my comments might pop up in Google and my students might come across them.

Are undergraduate papers ever well written? I came across very few in my time there...

my friend and I were grading our first exams of the year.. it was quite entertaining.

and frustrating at the same time. like when you tell kids they need to know definitions to two specific words and no one in the class gets the definition right for either of them..

I typically spend a good 2-6 hours a day online, either on SDN or the several other message boards I frequent.
this is the correct answer! :thumbup:

this is the correct answer! :thumbup:
Right on...I think that the fact that I don't watch (or own) a TV well compensates for the hours I spend on SDN. At least it's some sort of social interaction as opposed to being glued to the boob tube.

I used to frequently visit SDN hundreds of times a day, but now I limit myself because I get depressed after reading about everyone's interview invites. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for those people, but I wish I could get just 1.

I don't know... it is really interesting to read these threads, but try to think back to the last time you actually learned something important from checking these forums. I learned a LOT for the first few days, and after that it was mostly repetition.

I don't consider something that may be helpful in terms of my career, which I will be doing for the rest of my life, a waste of time.

I don't know... it is really interesting to read these threads, but try to think back to the last time you actually learned something important from checking these forums. I learned a LOT for the first few days, and after that it was mostly repetition.

Exactly same here, I think i've learned whatever I needed to learn, now I just come on for poops and giggels. I need to even limit my current time on here because i'm supposed to be writing my secondary essays. I haven't had my AMCAS processed yet, but I have some of the prompts.

Back to work .......

True enough, but we still need to hang around to educate the n00bs.

I've just spend 30 minutes everyday surfing new threads in here..

I've just spend 30 minutes everyday surfing new threads in here..

if your avatar is your real picture, im surely not wasting any time here! :laugh: