how much organic chemistry on the latest versions of mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

common man

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm better at organic chemistry than biology on the mcat. the biology passages on EK 1001 & PR science workbook are demoralizing me. so i'm hoping there's more organic chemistry (biochem doesn't count). how much organic chemistry comprises the latest versions of the mcat? i haven't looked at aamc test 11 to answer my own question because i'm saving it as my final practice before the real thing

Members don't see this ad.

i'm better at organic chemistry than biology on the mcat. the biology passages on EK 1001 & PR science workbook are demoralizing me. so i'm hoping there's more organic chemistry (biochem doesn't count). how much organic chemistry comprises the latest versions of the mcat? i haven't looked at aamc test 11 to answer my own question because i'm saving it as my final practice before the real thing

The whole BS section is meant to be 25% orgo.

its actually supposed to be 50% orgo, but sometimes theres more of one than another by a significant amount

i dont know about the 50%, ive always heard 25%
but regardless, theres always more bio than ochem

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard only 30% Orgo is on the MCat.

That's why Kaplan instructors say you can take the MCat without taking O Chem 2

There isn't much orgo on the MCAT, but the orgo that is there needs to be understood pretty well.