How much physics is there on the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hilikus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hmmm?

Members don't see this ad.

a bunch of stuff...first and second semester physics. About 35 or 40 questions on the physical science section.

Members don't see this ad :)
My G-chem instructor at TPR was telling us how on the physical sciences section, there's more g.chem than physics. I don't know how true that is tho...

Well, I'd say there was a whole TON of physics on the mcat. Better get that 1001 Physics questions from ExamKrackers - if you go through that a couple of times you should be just fine. Same with the Gchem.

I hated doing it at the time but it really helped me to get the speed and agility and comprehension that the section required.

There's a decent amount of physics on the PS section. I'd recommend studying out of a prep book as opposed to going back to your old physics textbooks from Physics I and Physics II. The prep books are more structured and will give you exactly what you need for the exam.

Originally posted by DrSal
My G-chem instructor at TPR was telling us how on the physical sciences section, there's more g.chem than physics. I don't know how true that is tho...

It really depends on which test form you get. Some tests have physical science sections that have more physics than chem., and vice versa.

yeah, it depends on the test but just be aware that the PS section will be at least 50% physics. on my exam, gchem and phys seemed to be equally divided, but i noticed that most of the chem passages were physical-chem-type ones (ie. quantum, thermo, etc). definite study phys thoroughly, especially mechanics. good luck.

With rare exceptions, physics and general chemistry are split with nearly exact evenness (one more question in one than the other). Of course, some questions involve both, but for the sake of classification, it's always going to be even.

I found my PS section on the MCAT to be roughly 50-50 physics and g-chem.