1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How much scrolling on the real MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by litokhmaikid, 09.29.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was doing some an FL today and I suddenly realized that the resolution on my computer screen is relatively large. For about 80% of the verbal passages, I have to do no scrolling at all to read the entire passage. For those of you who have already taken the MCAT, is the actual MCAT like this as well? If not, approximately what percentage of verbal passages do you think you could see at one time without scrolling?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. oneirologist

oneirologist 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Can't remember what %, but the screens at the testing center are pretty small and square. The default font is also rather large. For me, this meant a lot of scrolling, which was kind of annoying, but not hard to just roll with.

4. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    Slightly larger font and small screens at the Prometrics Center I was at. There is more scrolling but it's nothing that would throw you off.

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

About the ads