How much time are you taking off before med school starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoxingTheStars

chase this light with me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to stop working 40 hrs a week at my boring job. I was thinking about quitting about 2 weeks (maybe a week & a half?) before orientation begins, just to relax. Especially since I work pretty late and I need to get my sleep cycle back to a morning schedule.

Anyone else taking a 'vacation' before school starts?

Members don't see this ad.

I've got 6-7 weeks of vacation time stacked up that I need to use. Unfortunately we have yet to hire someone for my job. Conscience dictates that I should stick around to train the new folk, but I could really use a vacation. I haven't had a real vacation since, oh, 2002. Wow. I just shocked myself.

My last day at my job is June 20th and school officially starts on August 18th though I have about a week's worth or orientation before that. So I've got about 8 weeks off though I am going to be working about 10 hours a week just to help train and transition the new person in and to make some extra money so that I can actually go on the trips that I have planned this summer :D