How much time do you or did you spend.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...
I was wondering.. If you are a MSIII or MSIV... How much time did you spend in actual classes during your MSII year between Jan and when you took the boards?

If you are an MSII now.... how many hours do you spend in classes?

Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Amy B said:
Hi...
I was wondering.. If you are a MSIII or MSIV... How much time did you spend in actual classes during your MSII year between Jan and when you took the boards?

Just curious.

Well, PBL - 1 or 2 hrs a day, 4 days a week on average.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent about 5-10 hours/week in class. However, I think there were about 30 hours of class in session each week.

Well, as the school years went on, fewer and fewer people went to class. I almost never skipped class first year. By the end of second year, there were probably only 40 or so people out of 130 in the class who went to class on a regular basis. I only went to class probably 70% of the time, maybe less. Heck, I never went to psych, had no idea what the psych prof looked like and I did just as well as my other courses. I realized by the end of first semester that there was no correlation between my test scores and if I went to class or not-- it just all depended on how much I studied on my own.

Amy B said:
Hi...

Just curious.

I spend ZERO time in class. In fact, I haven't gone to a single class since the end of anatomy (1st trimester of 1st year).

I use the extra time to sleep, relax, leave town, surf SDN, and study. This will soon change as boards approaches. I plan on committing at least 2-3 hours/day for boards, then 3-4hr next month, then 4-6 hours, etc, etc. Remember, boards scores are MUCH more important than getting all honors in 2nd year! G'luck.

Thanks ..
Ok, here is a followup...how many hours of classes are on the schedule for you? For most of the days does your school have classes in the afternoon as well as morning, or mainly mornings, etc.....?

Thanks !!!