How much time should I spend on answering each interview question?

Jul 6, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I have practicing for my upcoming interview next week in NYU. I have never been to a dental school interview before, so I don't know how that is going to be like. How long is a typical interview (the part that you are asked questions and you answer them)? How much time should I spend on answering each interview question?

Apr 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
All of the studies I've read say between 20.75-31.3333335 seconds of you're outside of those boundaries you could be in big trouble.

Reactions: nattmelson

sjv

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
As long as you think you need to give a complete answer, they may ask for more if it isn't enough. Really depends on the interviewer and how the interview is going.

hannah_hoac

2+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2014
Status
Dental Student
I have practicing for my upcoming interview next week in NYU. I have never been to a dental school interview before, so I don't know how that is going to be like. How long is a typical interview (the part that you are asked questions and you answer them)? How much time should I spend on answering each interview question?
I think as long as you're within a reasonable time frame, it should be okay. Also it's very helpful to watch some interview tips from experts on YouTube. I think it would be very thoughtful and professional to give at least 2-3 items/examples for every question unless they specifically ask for 1 answer. For example if they ask "what is your favorite cuisine and why?" then tell them the answer and provide at least 2-3 reasons.