How much to annotate FA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gapyearguppy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
And what's important to add to it?

I've had FA since halfway through the fall semester of my first year and it's helped immensely. I used to annotate into it class notes and tidbits all the time.

This year though, I've kinda only used FA as a reference and spend less time annotating into it. My study partner had the binding removed off of hers and she now puts into into a binder and adds pages to it with notes. Step is basically about a year away for me, but I'm still worried that I should probably be doing the same in order to prepare for it.

So back to the original question: how much should I annotate FA?

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you and your study partner are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to annotating. There's nothing wrong with that because everyone studies and learns differently. Nobody can tell you how much to annotate FirstAid. I didn't write a single thing in mine.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you annotate M1 material into first aid...?

Members don't see this ad :)
And what's important to add to it?

I've had FA since halfway through the fall semester of my first year and it's helped immensely. I used to annotate into it class notes and tidbits all the time.

This year though, I've kinda only used FA as a reference and spend less time annotating into it. My study partner had the binding removed off of hers and she now puts into into a binder and adds pages to it with notes. Step is basically about a year away for me, but I'm still worried that I should probably be doing the same in order to prepare for it.

So back to the original question: how much should I annotate FA?

The people who do this are just trying to be intimidating and show how "hard" they're working and how they're going to just crush the boards. Carrying around a spiral bound FA with an extra 500 pages of notes shoved in is just silly.

Just annotate some pathoma into it and do practice questions.

I was told a long time ago to ONLY annotate UWORLD into FA. This was the perfect amount for my study purposes.

Reactions: 1 users
I was told a long time ago to ONLY annotate UWORLD into FA. This was the perfect amount for my study purposes.

That's what I did as well.

I would put all the Q#s relating to Afib in UW in first aid, along with the relevant info & then if I only wanted to review Afib I knew exactly which Qs to go to.

I did add in some info from Goljan lectures as well but his book his pretty much a copy of his notes so probably does not make sense to do so