Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How much to med. schools look at this summer's grade if your applying now?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mr. H, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

Basically, I had an accident, had to have surgery, and missed enough class to really screw my grade. Basically, I can expect a BC. Now looking at my other grades this is def. an anomally.

Should I be concerned? Should I just explain it if it comes up? Also, the trasnscript I sent to AMCAS does not include my summer course.'
    thanks!

2. OP
    OP
    Mr. H

7+ Year Member

Am I just being anal here? I shouldnt worry?

3. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

well, i wasn't going to answer b/c i don't know for sure, but i don't think they'll know how you did in that summer course before admitting you. don't they only request info not on your amcas application as a formality before letting you start their school?

they probably won't care too much if you got a b or a c anyway if i'ts just one class. it won't go into your amcas gpa so your gpa will still stay the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    Mr. H

7+ Year Member

Yeah, I suppose since they'll only be looking at amcas gpa it won't be an issue. though I wonder I get on some waitlists if u[dating my trascript would help? I guess it wouldn't in my situatiion though.

whatever, school sucks

5. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i'd say just be able to explain it and don't stress it..
    p

6. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

You could also get a withdrawal from the course if it's not too late and you don't need the credits. Since you have a good excuse for not doing as well as you usually do, it really shouldn't be a big deal if you explain it. Even if you're on waitlists and want to update your transcript b/c you have other good grades, if you tell them you were in an accident and that's why that grade isn't so great, I think they'll understand.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...