Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How much to med. schools look at this summer's grade if your applying now?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mr. H, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Mr. H

Basically, I had an accident, had to have surgery, and missed enough class to really screw my grade. Basically, I can expect a BC. Now looking at my other grades this is def. an anomally.

Should I be concerned? Should I just explain it if it comes up? Also, the trasnscript I sent to AMCAS does not include my summer course.'
    thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mr. H

Am I just being anal here? I shouldnt worry?

4. lola

lola Bovine Member

well, i wasn't going to answer b/c i don't know for sure, but i don't think they'll know how you did in that summer course before admitting you. don't they only request info not on your amcas application as a formality before letting you start their school?

they probably won't care too much if you got a b or a c anyway if i'ts just one class. it won't go into your amcas gpa so your gpa will still stay the same.

5. Mr. H

Yeah, I suppose since they'll only be looking at amcas gpa it won't be an issue. though I wonder I get on some waitlists if u[dating my trascript would help? I guess it wouldn't in my situatiion though.

whatever, school sucks

6. poloace

poloace Senior Member

i'd say just be able to explain it and don't stress it..
    p

7. lola

lola Bovine Member

You could also get a withdrawal from the course if it's not too late and you don't need the credits. Since you have a good excuse for not doing as well as you usually do, it really shouldn't be a big deal if you explain it. Even if you're on waitlists and want to update your transcript b/c you have other good grades, if you tell them you were in an accident and that's why that grade isn't so great, I think they'll understand.