How much Ugrad debt BEFORE med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cash Money Debt Poll

• Nada

Votes: 76 50.0%
  • 0 to 50,000

Votes: 53 34.9%
  • 50,000 to 100,000

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • 100,000 to 150,000

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 150,000 to 200,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200,000 + (oh jeez)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Knocked Up

Sexy and I know it
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Before accruing medical school debt, how much debt are / will you gentlemen and gentlewomen in? Please poll how much undergraduate debt you have accumulated, and if you are still in undergraduate, please poll how much you EXPECT to be in debt BEFORE you enter medical school.

I also think it would be interesting to post a sister poll in the allopathic section...just sayin'

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This.

Scholarships at state schools FTW.

Seriously! All I did was do reasonably well on the SATs and they gave me loads of money (or what seemed like loads of money with in-state undergrad tuition - wouldn't be loads of money were I looking at med school tuition).

0 debt here. I was accepted to several private schools, but my wallet is much happier that I chose a state school.

State school AND ~$50,000!

following up on this.

if we have a stafford subsidized loan, when we start med school (aka we're students again), will we still have to pay this loan, or are we back on the grace period?

and also, when we are requesting for loans in med school, do we need to account for our undergrad loans? basically i don't understand what i'm supposed to do with it once i'm in med school.

Seriously! All I did was do reasonably well on the SATs and they gave me loads of money (or what seemed like loads of money with in-state undergrad tuition - wouldn't be loads of money were I looking at med school tuition).

If only medical schools handed out money/acceptances based on doing reasonably well on the MCAT...

When I finished undergrad, I had only about 9k in debt (3k because of my *****ic decision to buy the best laptop at the time). Now my debt for postbacc is around 12-15k, so we're talking about ~22k or so total.