1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How much was the primary app fee?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mango-a-go-go, Mar 18, 2002.

1. mango-a-go-go

mango-a-go-go Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm trying to figure out how much I've spent already on this entire application process, but I can't seem to remember how much it cost per school on the primary application. Was it $30?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    $150 for the first school, $30 for every school thereafter.

4. mango-a-go-go

mango-a-go-go Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks! that was a fast reply! =)

5. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I thought this was a lot until I read what dental applicants have to pay. I only hope they don't apply to as many schools as pre-meds do!

The fees that have been approved by the ADEA Board of Directors as part of the FY2003 budget are as follows: The application fee is $195 for the first school, then $60 for each additional school up to ten, then $50 for each additional school from eleven to twenty, the $25 for each additional school over twenty. Fees for additional requests submitted after the original
    application will be $75 for the first school and $70 for each additional school.

6. CaliBoy

CaliBoy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My roommate is a pre-dent, and it turns out that whenever you get an acceptance you have to pay a $500-$1000 deposit to hold your space. Makes it virtually impossible to hold multiple acceptances. The med school app process is way cheaper, but people generally apply to alot fewer dental schools.

Mango: Any decisions as to where you're going yet ??! :)