How much weight do my clinical volunteering hours carry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JobinOnThePark

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not quite sure how a good chunk of my clinical volunteer hours look since I completed them during my rising senior and rising freshman summers. I have 100+ hours working in different areas of a local hospital during those two summers. Otherwise, my clinical exposure is fairly scarce. Only about 75 hours in the two years since.

So am I allowed to list the hours from those summers? How much weight do they carry?

Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Rising senior and freshman in high school? Typically no unless you continued the activity with "significantly increased roles or responsibility" according to my recollection of the AMCAS rules.

I am not quite sure how a good chunk of my clinical volunteer hours look since I completed them during my rising senior and rising freshman summers. I have 100+ hours working in different areas of a local hospital during those two summers. Otherwise, my clinical exposure is fairly scarce. Only about 75 hours in the two years since.

So am I allowed to list the hours from those summers? How much weight do they carry?

Thanks for your time!
looks good. list all the hours you've done. they will count but they aren't stellar or anything.