how much will this hurt my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ozzie33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I just submitted my application yesterday, and I know it is relatively late (I had wanted to submit it early july but for various reasons got delayed). I'm just wondering how much this will hurt my chances at getting any interviews. I have a 3.58 GPA, 22/23/23 DAT, and science GPA is probably around 3.4. I'm just saying this because in another thread I read that two of the schools i'm applying to (indiana and Marquette) fill up their interview slots long before their deadlines.

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT scores are very high, and you are not THAT late. You'll be fine.

Eh, you're not late, you're only a week past early (Aug 1st). And while I can't speak about the schools you mentioned because I didn't apply there, I'm sure with your GPA and DAT, you still stand a very good shot at getting a number of interviews.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, I figured it was pointless worrying, but it got me anxious to see everyone having their apps submitted June 1st . I'm not used to everything being out of my hands, for the past 6 months it's been either DAT studying or filling out applications, now I have nothing to do and it shows haha

Yeah, with those stats you're fine applying now. The only thing I would add is, if you're really interested in Marquette, consider contacting them to see if they'll go ahead and send you a secondary application. From what the Director of Admissions told me, they only interview out of state applicants in the month of October and send interview invites in September. So getting a head start on the secondary will help with that.

Yeah, with those stats you're fine applying now. The only thing I would add is, if you're really interested in Marquette, consider contacting them to see if they'll go ahead and send you a secondary application. From what the Director of Admissions told me, they only interview out of state applicants in the month of October and send interview invites in September. So getting a head start on the secondary will help with that.

Marquette does not have a secondary application..they just asked for the app fee. When do they send out the secondary? (if they have one..)

Another thing I forgot to mention, which I think I've seen Teddy or Victoria mention in other threads is that the application cycle started half a month later than it normally does, so what was Aug 1st last year is now Aug 15th kinda.

what ALL did you do/use to study for DAT??

I'm applying to Marquette via their direct application (i.e. not an AADSAS application) and I was given the secondary application when I went on a visit a few weeks ago, so it may be that the secondary is only required for direct applications. Sorry for the confusion

O well, I shot them an email anyway, can't hurt

Indiana is sending invites now. Your stats are good so you should have no problem be invited for the later date- assuming people who are invited now are taking up all Sep-Oct slots. Marquette does not start their application reviews until Sep and sends invites to OOS first. They do not have secondary app.

Ahh what a relief, I just got hte email that my gpa was verified, although it looks like I missed the mail date today, they should at least send out an electronic copy.