How much would it hurt you as a reapplicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msoccer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does being a reapplicant significantly reduce your shot at getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Does being a reapplicant significantly reduce your shot at getting accepted?
It didn't hurt me at all. I only could apply to a few schools last year, but this year I replied with a 0.1 GPA increase and 17 percentile MCAT increase. I showed my improvement to the schools I applied to and already have two interviews more than last year (including to the ones i reapplied to) and zero rejections.

I can imagine this would be school specific though.

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of it will depend on a why you are a replicant and what you did in your gap year

It can be anything from a deal-breaker to no big deal.

Are you considered a reapplicant if you send in a primary but do not complete the secondary? How would this situation be viewed

Are you considered a reapplicant if you send in a primary but do not complete the secondary? How would this situation be viewed
Yes, you will be a re-applicant at that school.
Re-applicants are viewed differently by school and region.
Some schools do not recommend more than one re-application.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, you will be a re-applicant at that school.
Re-applicants are viewed differently by school and region.

I was not sure if a re-app who did not turn in secondary previous cycle (maybe due to untimely family matter) would be viewed the same as someone who is a re-applicant that submitted secondary, since the first applicant was never completed for review by the school

I was not sure if a re-app who did not turn in secondary previous cycle (maybe due to untimely family matter) would be viewed the same as someone who is a re-applicant that submitted secondary, since the first applicant was never completed for review by the school
Pretty much.
You will often get a chance to talk about it somewhere in the secondary.