How much would submitting my app in Sept. hurt my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CosmoPlankton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I submitted my AADSAS app on 16th of September (2 weeks ago). I'm hoping that my GPA gets calculated by the end of next week. From my calculations, my mail-out will be sometime b/w mid and end of October, and the schools will receive it sometime in November :(

I'm just really worried that I have greatly hurt my chances by applying this late, and looking at the submission dates of others in this forum doesn't exactly help much either.

So what do you think my chances are at this point, and is submitting in September really that bad or am I just being paranoid? :(

thanx
-----------------------------------------------------------------
B.S. Computer Science, Minor Commerce
GPA: overall 3.61 science 3.6-3.7
DAT: AA 20 RC 20 PAT 18
Applying to: BU, UPENN, NYU, TEMPLE, USC, UOP

Members don't see this ad.

You will still be ok I think. UOP will probably be out of the question for you because most of the interview slots will be filled by then.

You application will arrive at the schools sometime in early November so you must be really fast with the secondaries. I lot of people slack with them so you can make up some time.

I think you have a very good shot at NYU and USC. They haven't even started sending out interview invites so you are just fine. People get accepted to USC late in the spring and I'm sure its the same with NYU.

Good luck!

CosmoPlankton said:
Hey all,

I submitted my AADSAS app on 16th of September (2 weeks ago). I'm hoping that my GPA gets calculated by the end of next week. From my calculations, my mail-out will be sometime b/w mid and end of October, and the schools will receive it sometime in November :(

I'm just really worried that I have greatly hurt my chances by applying this late, and looking at the submission dates of others in this forum doesn't exactly help much either.

So what do you think my chances are at this point, and is submitting in September really that bad or am I just being paranoid? :(

thanx

Well, sorry to sound a little negative but here's the deal. If you submitted your app on Sept. 16 AND AADSAS has your transcripts then it will be approximately 10 days before it will be verified. Just make sure you send your transcripts to the transcript processing center and not directly to AADSAS as they will then forward you transcripts to the processing center and that could take another 2 weeks. After that, it will be about a week or two before the site is updated with your AADSAS GPAs. So as soon as you see your scores updated on the website you have 4-6 weeks from that point on in order to have the application sent off. After about 3 days via UPS the schools can go through your app whenever they do.

With your scores you should have no problems getting into your schools, unfortunately you probably won't get an interview for the first round of admissions and will have to depend on rolling admissions. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
CosmoPlankton said:
Hey all,

thanx

I submitted my App on July 3rd and my App was mailed out on August 11th about 5 weeks of time. So you are looking at 5-6 weeks from the day AADSAS was filled oud. Schoold will receieve probably in Early nov which is still not that bad bacause many schools haven't even started interviewing yet. Given your stats I think you will be fine.

I guess I'm in deep **** since I haven't sent out my application yet. Yikes! Do I have a chance if I complete it in mid-October?

EyeAmCommi said:
I guess I'm in deep **** since I haven't sent out my application yet. Yikes! Do I have a chance if I complete it in mid-October?

i'm sure you have a chance... u just need to try to find out. i think UOP might be out of the question. just remember, after u submit it to AADSAS on mid-Oct, it will take up to 6 weeks (like mine did), and u apps might be received by beginning December.

btw, are you doing a committee letter?

EyeAmCommi said:

Hey, with your scores, I wouldn't really worry about being late. You may not get an interview pre-December but any interviews you do get for rolling admissions (unless you bomb it) you should be offered a seat no prob. Mid-October is getting kind of late in the game but have your LORs and transcripts ready and have you DAT scores sent to the schools ASAP (along with any secondaries).

Good luck.

lifescool said:
i'm sure you have a chance... u just need to try to find out. i think UOP might be out of the question. just remember, after u submit it to AADSAS on mid-Oct, it will take up to 6 weeks (like mine did), and u apps might be received by beginning December.

btw, are you doing a committee letter?

Yea I'm doing a committee letter. I have 4 real lors to supplement them just in case you're interested.

I took your advice and called UoP. They say AADSAS will take 8 weeks instead of 6. Poo poo.

Thanks for both of you guy's replies. I feel much better about this whole mess.

To the OP, I think you'll be okay. Just remember that there are suckers like me out there who apply even later than you. Some people might even turn their apps in on Dec 1st!