This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Albanian24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question is pretty self-explanatory. I'm holding on to multiple acceptances since finances play a huge role in my decision-making, since I come from a very low-income family.

I know schools are not REQUIRED to provide financial aid letters before April 30th (the day you're supposed to choose only 1 school according to AAMC traffic rules), but how often do they? Are schools generally receptive to requests to receive aid notifications before this date?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptances! Most schools have told me I'll get an estimate by mid-April in order to make my decision, but I'm positive you could reach out to your schools and ask when you might receive this info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uggghhh...stupid FAFSA. I hate that form! Why can't they just believe me when I say I don't want any need-based aid? I just want merit money, with loans to cover the rest!

Many schools will inform people of merit awards early (like in winter) but the need-based stuff is all in the spring, after you send in lots of documentation of your family finances.

Reactions: 1 user