How often do schools contact the MD you shadowed, listed on AMCAS?

Engrailed

C'est la vie.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do schools (for their own verification purposes contact the doctor listed in your AMCAS 15 things?
I listed his/her email. office phone etc but the person is usually super busy and I was just wondering if schools contacted doctors you shadowed.

Moko

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2015
Status
Attending Physician
Do schools (for their own verification purposes contact the doctor listed in your AMCAS 15 things?
I listed his/her email. office phone etc but the person is usually super busy and I was just wondering if schools contacted doctors you shadowed.
I've never heard of or seen this done. We have better things to do with our time.

gonnif

Only 512 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
1) schools/adcom members do not contact/verify activities during the admission process unless there is some truly major question or unusual aspects (such as an extraordinary amount of hours or claims of something too good to be true). With 5000+ applicants, and only 100 -200 who will matriculate, it makes no sense to verify prior to admission.

2) Post-acceptance / pre-matriculation, schools/adcoms rarely verify either shadow or volunteer activities. Why? Having made these calls, you rarely get a hold of the office and if you do they usually have no recollection or record of the student. Getting an answer such as "we have premeds from the university here" is sufficient

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Rarely.