How often do you check SDN...be honest :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SundayT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading the SDN addiction thread, I felt I needed to ask this question...I'll admit I check SDN wayyy too many times throughout the day. I think I might need some sort of patch... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

a patch adams perhaps? </cheese>

Members don't see this ad :)
I run a script to refresh SDN every 120 seconds.

I just realized that I responded to this thread after having created it less than 30 minutes ago...case in point of how frequently I check this damn site... :( haha.

What stinks is when u come to the site and see that none of your "subscribed threads" have any new comments...I check those threads way too often...

Every fews hours, but i've only joined two days ago

"Checking SDN" implies that I actually leave it at some point. I basically stay consistently logged in all day at work and keep it in the background at home.

Yeah, I'm sad.

I need to join an "SDN Anyonmous" Group or something :eek:

I am on way too much at work. TMZ.com used to be my first addiction but they don't let us access it at work anymore so SDN it is :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I need to join an "SDN Anyonmous" Group or something :eek:

I am on way too much at work. TMZ.com used to be my first addiction but they don't let us access it at work anymore so SDN it is :D

HAHA. Someone should start one in the All-Students forum. It would, of course, defeat the purpose, but still. :laugh:

"Checking SDN" implies that I actually leave it at some point. I basically stay consistently logged in all day at work and keep it in the background at home.

Yeah, I'm sad.

Haha. I think I've found my twin!

What stinks is when u come to the site and see that none of your "subscribed threads" have any new comments...I check those threads way too often...
The trick is not to subscribe to any threads, so you always have to log in and actually check =p This is the same reason that I don't get Facebook notifications... I like having an excuse to log in regularly.

It kind of goes in waves for me...I was on way too much over winter break and then when I visited in may, it said my last login was in december! So I wasn't on all of spring sem but now, since may, "more often than I should" pretty much answers the q.

it all depends on how tortured I'm feeling about being on a waitlist at my top choice school. The more anxious I feel, the more time I spend on SDN. Misery loves company, no? :laugh:

enough for my gf to yell at me about it

Every five minutes. No wonder my thesis is not getting finished...

I check it occasionally when at home, but I end up checking it a lot at work because I'm bored and have nothing else to do. Reading though some of the long threads like the "things my patients taught me" in the Emergency Medicine forum are great.