How often do you read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maxwell Edison

Majoring In Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is not *what* you read, especially if you're going to go off talking about that ****ty Ayn Rand bore.

Rather, how often do you, the aspiring premed, read for pleasure? Everyday? Just when the new Harry Potter/Harlequin bodice ripper/Tom Clancy novel drops? Just SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't read books, but I'm a pretty exhaustive newspaper reader. The last book I read was called The Cobra Event when I was in 11th grade, and thats cause I had too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read atleast once a day, mostly cause I just find a lot of interesting books, so I'll be working atleast one book everyday.

I love reading!! Is that dorky?? :rolleyes: I usually read before I go to bed, and during breaks from school. I got my friend hooked on reading too, so I think my book selection is superb :laugh:

I love reading!! Is that dorky?? :rolleyes: I usually read before I go to bed, and during breaks from school. I got my friend hooked on reading too, so I think my book selection is superb :laugh:

I read a lot before I go to sleep and during breaks too.

I don't read books, but I'm a pretty exhaustive newspaper reader. The last book I read was called The Cobra Event when I was in 11th grade, and thats cause I had too.

The Cobra Event is a awesome book!

Reading FTW!

In other words, I enjoy reading quite a bit, though in college leisure reading was hard to squeeze in. Now, I have a lot more free time to enjoy any book I like.

JARB

The Cobra Event is a awesome book!

Reading FTW!

In other words, I enjoy reading quite a bit, though in college leisure reading was hard to squeeze in. Now, I have a lot more free time to enjoy any book I like.

JARB

Yeah it was awesome, common sense would tell me to pick up another book in search for more awesomeness.

When I am not in school I read a lot for fun. Finished two books this past week and working on my third.

What prompted me to ask in the first place was a thought I had while reading last night before bed (that's my prime time, although I hit the books on the bus ride to work, too). I'd just finished reading one of the passages in Naked Lunch featuring Mugwump atrocities, and I wondered to myself how many other premeds had read it before.

Yeah it was awesome, common sense would tell me to pick up another book in search for more awesomeness.

You should also check out Demon in the Freezer another quality book by Richard Preston as well as his classic The Hot Zone. Too much awesomeness too speak of!

JARB

why would you read when you can just watch tv?

I NEVER read Ayn Rand or anything like that. Pretty much everything I read is sci-fi/fantasy, comic books, and the occassional romance novel (but I'm about to stop reading the series I've been... they're all the freakin' same).

Last 5 books I've read have been Slammerkin and I blew through the Twilight Series in less than 2 weeks before Breaking Dawn came out, then finished that in about 72 hours. Oh, and the Buffy Season 8 comics. I truly live up to my forum handle, huh?

i read everyday while enjoying public transportation. ha what a joke. about a book a week.

I usually can't dedicate much time to reading, so when I do read I like things that are relatively short (short stories are my favorite) or random short articles with little tidbits of useless information. What's my favorite series to read? Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - they have like 50 books and each one is ~500 pages long, with 1-, 2-, 3- and 4- page articles on trivial information.

I usually can't dedicate much time to reading, so when I do read I like things that are relatively short (short stories are my favorite) or random short articles with little tidbits of useless information. What's my favorite series to read? Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - they have like 50 books and each one is ~500 pages long, with 1-, 2-, 3- and 4- page articles on trivial information.

That sounds right up my alley, I'm going to have to check those out.

4-5 days per week, I think.

What prompted me to ask in the first place was a thought I had while reading last night before bed (that's my prime time, although I hit the books on the bus ride to work, too). I'd just finished reading one of the passages in Naked Lunch featuring Mugwump atrocities, and I wondered to myself how many other premeds had read it before.

ha ha i remember the first time i read naked lunch. i almost lost my lunch on that section! i actually read passages from that book aloud at a gathering once...the look on everyone's faces was priceless. :scared:

i honestly think that burrough's other books are better, or at least more cohesive and approachable. i have read naked lunch a few times...and each time it is a little less shocking, and a tad more understandable...if that means anything. read junkie, that one is superb.

as for the question.,. i read a lot. all the time. more during the breaks, less around exams, but all the time. in the past i only read classic lit stuff or current novels... but basically all fiction. my wife is a die-hard non-fiction nut...and so i have been exposed. now, i say i read at least as much non-fiction as fiction.

i heart reading.

reading is so last century.

I read before bed.