How often does TUCOM meet to make admissions decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just trying to plot out my next 2 months as things are very fragile until I hear back from PCOM. I am assuming that I will be attending Ross in May and preparing for that since it is my only acceptance at this point.

I would like to know how often TUCOM meets so I can have an idea of when I would be finding out so if I have to I can hold on making some costly preparations.

My interview is on April 1st.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

lmbebo,

Unless I am mistaken, TUCOM's ad com meets every other Thursday, with their next meeting being on March 6th... I will verify this tomorrow! Watch out Touro! Here I come!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

lmbebo,

TUCOM's ad com does meet every other thursday with the next meeting scheduled for this Thursday, March 6th.

Exhausted from today's interview....

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
heh thanks.

so how did the interview go?

lmbebo,

below is an email i just sent to my friend describing the part of the interview day that was from 1200-1249pm...

It was really tough.. I posted my feedback on SDN (and thanks for posting yours!) I didn?t sit on either end of the table, but I was still the first person to get asked a question? Dr. Binkerd (OMM) and Dr Perhac (Pres of Student Affairs) and Dr. Mazseros (Pharmacology) and Rachelle Schwartz were my interviewers. Dr. Binkerd asked a relatively ?nice? question to start? he asked my about my military background (I went to the United States Air Force Academy for a semester) and I talked about it.. that is wasn?t for me, and I ended up at UC Davis? Dr. Binkerd followed up with ?So how do you feel about the current situation that America is in?? and boy did this question freak me out!!! Not that the question was out of bounds or anything, so much as I was just caught totally off guard and didn?t know how I wanted to answer? Should I continue my previous line of thinking/rationale and talk about how the military wasn?t for me therefore I don?t particularly agree with the prospect of war, or do I express my pride and honor for those who have chosen to serve our country? AHHHH! I did my best to express both feelings, but I think I just ended up rambling? Dr Mazeros asked me a question that combined my desire to pursue emergency medicine and my future as DO? he asked, ?Is it possible to practice emergency medicine holistically?? and I almost jumped out of my seat for this one, because of course it is possible, right?!! So I started to explain that yes, not only can it be done, but it should be done, and I gave an example of when my wife was seen in an ER in what was in my opinion a less than holistic manner, and that is was displeased by this experience and hope that I don?t forget to do my best to take in as much of the big picture as possible, but I don?t know how effective my explaination ended up being? The next questions asked was from the student, and she asked ?If you could change on aspect of your application, what would it be?? to which I replied ?I would make my GPA 4.0? and continued to explain that my GPA was no where near as strong as it should have been especially since my end goal is to get into medical school.. I got to explain why I thought my GPA was low(er) and if I thought it would be predictive of my medical school performance. The last question was from Dr. Perhac, who asked ?It sounds as if you didn?t? enjoy your time at UC Davis, can you please elaborate on this??? This totally totally freaked me out because I don?t remember saying anything to that effect, on top of the fact that I love UC Davis? that it was at UC Davis hat I learned about osteopathic medicine though my fraternity, that it was though UC Davis that I got to serve in student run clinics, and that I am a very happy employee of the UC Davis Life Flight helicopter program.. So I did my best to reassure Dr. Perhac that I very much loved my time at UC Davis, and it turns out his daughter is a current student their, hence his concern.

So that was my interview.. I am not even including the pre and post interview stuff, which I will save for another time, cuz that interview done tuckered me out!
Oh, also, this is my recollection of the interview.. I probably can across a lot different (worse) than I just described?.ugh.

In classic Touro fashion, I will know shortly if I am in or not, and I will alert you when I find out.. (in fact, although you are in Washington, if you hear a blood curdling scream, that?s me not getting in? if you hear shouts for joy, that me getting in!)

so that was just the interview part... i didnt even go into the morning with the super cool applicants, or the pep talks from Dr. Haight, or the exit debriefing from Steve Davis.... Anyways, I am stressed and will be until I find out, which should be no later than Monday of next week...

That's all i got... for now.

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

sounds like it went pretty well. Im thinking the same way about my PCOM interview. You go over it in your mind over and over and eventually you distort what really happened until you get tired of thinking about the what ifs.

anyways, I hope to hear some great news from you in the future.

If I get in to PCOM or TUCOM I'll probably be streaking down a highway or something.

Okay so you didn't make any of those funny faces I showed you, did you???:p :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :confused:

If you were confident, yet not defensive or offensive and answered honestly, with out actually LOOKING stressed, then you did good. Difficult questions are often asked not to hear what you have to say but to see HOW YOU ACT when you answer them.

So hopefully, no jaw dropping, gapped mouths or any of the such when asked about difficult questions. You didn't actually do the "Oh, my god, I can't believe you are asking me this" look did you?? :laugh:

to my healthy eating maymay,

i wish i had a video camera on my face when I was asked my questions, because I have no clue how I reacted when I answered my questions... I know my heart was beating a million times a minute, but only the interviewers can answer whether i showed it or not... No one in my interview jaw-dropped or got stuck, so maybe we all did just fine!

Check back tomorrow evening for an update!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

dpw68,

I totally suggest that you take the campus tour that are on mondays and tuesdays at 11AM... You will be able to get a current student's perspective about the school, ask all the questions you want, and listen to the questions and concearns that other current applicants have... If you want to have lunch or something to discuss the interview day, I would be more than happy to come on down and take the tour again as well....

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Brian--
Aren't you the tour guide for the TUCOM tour?

Nikki