1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How Old can a DAT be?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by roster88, Oct 19, 2002.

1. roster88

roster88 Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know how old DAT score can be. I took mine in Oct 97 and scored 20/20. I know some schools do and some don't accept it. I was wondering if anyone did get accepted or was interviewed at any with an old DAT??
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I believe that most schools will not accept a score over 3 years old, and that some (a very few) will not accept a score that is over 2 years old.

Your score is 5 years old, and I don't believe ANY schools will accept it, although I may be wrong. You mentioned that you know some will accept it -- what schools are those, if you don't mind me asking?

4. conf88

conf88 Member
    7+ Year Member

I think some do too. But not sure which ones.

5. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Honestly, I don't think any schools will accept it. I suggest you take it again.

6. conf88

conf88 Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, for one Nova told me I do not have to take it again and so did Columbia.

7. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I can't speak for other school. But at ucsf, I know for sure that letter of rec is good for 2 yrs, DAT score is good for 3 years.
    T:rolleyes: