How old can prereq's be for U of F ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrc71

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if there is a cap on how old prereq's can be for the University of Florida ? Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

I've often seen 5-10 years for various schools. Some will consider everything you've ever taken. For the University of Florida you should probably ask the University of Florida, maybe someone in the admissions department.

Last edited:
I agree with the previos poster. Most schools have a 5-10 year limit. I have credits over 5 years old, and they will take them, however none of them are pre-requisite courses. With that said, I don'tknow they have a limit. Since they don't offer grade forgiveness they average the two grades if you take the class twice. So if they didn't count older classes then one way to get around that would be to wait till the old one *expired* and then take again.
Also, since many go there with a 4 year degree, some of the classes at the end of a 4 year degree may be five years old if one took a little longer than expected. Typically classes like Chem 1 and Bio 1 would be the first semester.

I would contact the UFCOP admissions and ask. They would be able to give you better information.

Thanks for the help guys! Admissions Office said there is no time limit on how old pre-requisite classes are.