How old were you when you got into med. school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

averageperson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nothing more than just for my curiosity, and to compare to possible future plans for myself.

Edit: might be the wrong forum (probably not suited for the premed forum). If so, a staff member is free to move it. Sorry!

Members don't see this ad.

I was 25 when I was accepted for the first time...had to defer for a year due to illness....and was accepted for the 2nd time to my school now @ 26.

I was 21 when I was accepted, 22 when I started. Seems so young now...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not in yet... But so close. :)

I will be a month to 29... I'm old! Eeek!

Nothing more than just for my curiosity, and to compare to possible future plans for myself.

Edit: might be the wrong forum (probably not suited for the premed forum). If so, a staff member is free to move it. Sorry!
21 when I started classes, 22nd birthday soon after (which I delayed celebration of after first block exams :D )

I was 19 when I was accepted to Ross and waitlisted at a US allopathic school. But no acceptance. :-(
Maybe I'll have luck next cycle

ZOMG! I feel so young. IF i get in first cycle, 21 when starting classes, 20 when applying

Starting at 28. If you want to see some really impressive ages, check out the Non-Trad forum. I'm a pimple-faced youngster compared to them.

day before my 28th birthday, but starting at 29 after deferring a year.

Interesting. I would be 23 1/2 if I do decide to go for medicine. Not feeling that bad about it anymore, lol.

Still interested to hear more feedback, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
ZOMG! I feel so young. IF i get in first cycle, 21 when starting classes, 20 when applying

Same. If this cycle goes well I will be 21 when classes start. 22 pretty soon after start though.

Applying at 21 and hopefully matriculating at 22.. fingers crossed!!

accepted @ 26, now 27 and starting in a month :)

its funny, i could never quite put my finger on it- but now, seeing this thread, i realize that people whose viewpoints i agree with a lot tend to be the ones closer to my age! (ie ilikedrugs)

do ba/md programs count? if so, 16 ;)

but im just a normal pre-med now...hence on this forum

Applied at 20, accepted at 21

Will be 21 when orientation starts, but will be 22 when classes start

With the way my birthday falls it seems like this process took 2 years from start to finish. :laugh:

Accepted at 46, first time applying

I would have been 20 when I started if I had gotten in the first time I applied. I was 19 at my first interview.

But I think the extra two years did me a lot of good.

I was accepted about a month before my 24th birthday. (so 23 when accepted, but well into 24 by the time school started).

Accepted at 19, matriculating @ 22 :love:

Right Now - 21

accepted when i was 18, started at 19.

will probably graduate when i'm 24 and start working at 25.