How people whose ENG is not their first language survive at pharm. School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how those who does not speak English well survive in pharmacy school? I heard that there are lots of paper assignments (more than 20 pages) and presentations.

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering how those who does not speak English well survive in pharmacy school? I heard that there are lots of paper assignments (more than 20 pages) and presentations.
Although english is your first language, you don't have to be discouraged at all because i have seen people whose first languge isn't english still perform well... it is going to be your driving force that makes you work harder...:luck:

They aren't stupid. They will made it throught the way they made it in!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My school only has one large paper and some small papers.
We do have a good number of presentations though. Also, you'll have to do drug histories and counseling exercises.

Unfortunately I think sarcasm is on the docket to learn :smuggrin:

Just playing.

I sure know that he was trying to be sarcastic. However I wanted to respond and with some respect that shuts down people!!!

My school only has one large paper and some small papers.
We do have a good number of presentations though. Also, you'll have to do drug histories and counseling exercises.

What school are you currently enrolled?

University of Illinois at Chicago

I will attend Midwestern in Downers Grove. I heard studying in Midwestern is somewhat challenging. That's why I am little a worried about it. But, at the same time, I am so excited just about the fact that I got into my top choice. :D

For those who english is a second language, getting in pharmacy school is the hardest part. If you study hard, you will become a pharmacist. Do not worry and you should believe in yourself.

For those who english is a second language, getting in pharmacy school is the hardest part. If you study hard, you will become a pharmacist. Do not worry and you should believe in yourself.

Thank you for your comment. It makes me feel better.:D

My friend's second language is english and she speaks it better than I do. :D

I will attend Midwestern in Downers Grove. I heard studying in Midwestern is somewhat challenging. That's why I am little a worried about it. But, at the same time, I am so excited just about the fact that I got into my top choice. :D
All pharmacy schools are challenging, it's just the nature of the beast. My advice is to keep up with your studying and not fall behind. Hopefully, the upper classmen will tell you which are the easy and hard courses and professors.
The mindset at UIC is that if you got in, that's half the battle. There is no reason why you can't graduate on time.