How prepared am i for the AP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hzma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. Just wondering if there's some way to know ur prepared for the boards. AP I mean.
? If i'm getting around 75% on exams in the Robbins Review book, around 70% on the Webpath med utah exams, ?% on sternberg's review book, and around 40% in Lefkovitch, how likely am i to pass?
in other words, how reflective are these sources for the AP exam?
I'm also planning to go through the remembrances.
Any input is most appreciated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. Just wondering if there's some way to know ur prepared for the boards. AP I mean.
? If i'm getting around 75% on exams in the Robbins Review book, around 70% on the Webpath med utah exams, ?% on sternberg's review book, and around 40% in Lefkovitch, how likely am i to pass?
Thanks!

i also got rocked on leftowich, but it's okay, wouldn't worry, just read up explanations and do your best to learn material.
i noticed a LOT of board ?s in AP written similarly to Leftowich (i.e. a fair # of except-type questions), which you normally aren't that used to/would expect on a board exam.

see my recent post about remembrances caveats. You see MORE than prepared for AP, having gone through all those books. GL:luck:

Thanks!
Didn't use Robbins or the WebPath exams so I can't comment on those resources.

Went through Lefkowitch and on my worst subject matters (like bone pathology...since we don't see diddly at our program when it comes down to bone), I was scoring around 45-50%. The chapters relating to my fellowships were pretty straightforward. Overall, probably scored around 65-70% for the entire book. But realize, that Lefkowitch is REALLY nitpicky and the boards questions are not as such. The boards tests on some esoteric things though. But I guess, certain topics are esoteric for some of us and other topics are esoteric for others. More importantly, as SLUSugar says, reading up and learning from the explanations are much higher yield.

Also went though Sternberg Q&A book which I thought had questions more representative of the boards questions and more straightforward.

Finally, I have the faintest clue as to what remembrances are.

Given all that, it's hard to know if I passed yet. I will find out my scores in a few months, I suppose. I recalled about 2/3 of the questions on the exam and looked them up while at work the following week...I think I got about 60% right at least. The other 1/3 of the questions I can't remember because I tend to repress memories of questions I had no clue about. Who knows if that exceeds the cutoff to pass (I suspect that the pass cutoff is determined after everyone takes the exam so the exam is in a way curved and the cutoff may vary from year to year). Just keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to think about it really...although checking the forums now and then doesn't help matters. :)

Thanks guys! That does help, a bit. Guess we'll have to wait and see. GL to u 2!