how quickly did you hear about Drexel??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ucbdancn00, Oct 29, 2002.

1. ucbdancn00

ucbdancn00 Senior Member

For those who have heard (either acceptances or rejections) from Drexel....how long did it take for them to get back to you?

as you might be able to tell........i'm getting very anxious!!! and it's only been 5 days! :eek:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ohiowa

ohiowa Member

i interviewed on 10/15 and heard by usps yesterday (10/28) [btw it was an accept! my first.].

4. nkow

nkow bouncin' here and there

Resident [Any Field]
    when was your file complete and when did you receive a request for interview? thanks!

5. ohiowa

ohiowa Member

my file was completed in late sept. and i got an interview request a couple weeks after that. i was so suprised at how quickly drexel responded (they were the last secondary i sent in, and the second interview request i had) that i called 'em up and asked if it was a mistake. they seem very efficient. in case you're wondering about my stats: gpa: 3.4, mcat(2x): 7,0,11,12 and 8,n,10,11.

just goes to show that you can get into med school and not know how to read!

6. jbsnapple

jbsnapple Junior Member

Medical Student
    I interviewed 10/15 and heard I was waitlisted 10/26.

7. clittle1981

clittle1981 Member

interviewed 9/27, accepted 10/28 (the big envelope was waiting in my mailbox when I came in the door after my NYMC interview)! stats: 3.45, 28R, Virginia resident, double major bio and psych, active in community service fraternity, sorority (was service/philanthropy chair for a year), volunteered in ER + VA hospital, worked 2 summers on a public health project in rural VA, go to school about an hour north of Philly. Hope that helps, good luck!

8. nkow

nkow bouncin' here and there

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks guys! I hope to hear from them about an interview soon...

9. Nogpa

Nogpa Member

Ohiowa and jbsnapple-
    I'm jealous that you guys heard already. I was there 10/15 and found out last friday that they didn't have a copy of my transcripts(I didn't have a GPA, so they needed the evaluations). Hopefully I'll hear this week or next. Do you remember what day they said they went to committee? Congrats to you both.

By the way, Ohiowa, did you end up hitching a ride to Albany with that guy from UCSD?

Bob

10. jbsnapple

jbsnapple Junior Member

Medical Student
    ohiowa - congrats man, that's awesome. what was your name? Isak or something close? Is Drexel one of your top choices right now? I got Albany next week so we'll see how that goes.
    Bob - i think they said they reviewed on thursdays. Hang in there, you'll hear soon.
    Justin

11. Nogpa

Nogpa Member

Thanks, Justin. I'm crappin' my pants in anticipation. Good luck at Albany--I'm sure you'll do great.

Bob

12. ohiowa

ohiowa Member

bob & justin,

hey. that's cool you recognized me.

yeah, i ended up getting a ride to albany with mr. ucsd. we ended up stopping in NJ for some food and ended up at a fried food joint in the ghetto. we were the only dudes within miles wearing khakis and ties. then we got lost for a while trying to get back to the NJ turnpike, and out of the blue we end up a mile from where i spent a ton of summers at my grandparents' house in verona. small world. i guess i never got to know the ghetto much while visiting the grandpaps.

albany interview was good. one interview was really conversational and the other was more formal. i was a bit scared about getting the ethics questions albany is famous for, but wasn't asked ANYTHING controversal. i stayed with a student who lives with his parents. his mom had baked me an apple pie and then insisted on ironing my clothes for me!

how are things going for you both?

13. jobunny

jobunny Junior Member

Congrats to you guys who got into Drexel

Just curious -- On the application, they asked what work you would want to do if you couldn't be a physician.

What was your answer?

I have been kicking myself since I sent in my secondary. I told them I would either (1) remain an attorney or (2) become a minister. In answering the question, I assumed they meant what non-healthcare related profession would you choose.

Anyway, I'm curious about what you said.

Thanks.

-- j

14. i said i would be a photojournalist... i am not sure it matters a whole lot since they didnt ask about it in my interview. Although I am anxious to hear from them and my interview was only 48 hours ago!!!

;) wexy

15. jobunny

jobunny Junior Member

Hi Wexy:

Congrats on the interview and Good Luck. I hope things work out well for you.

--J

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. thanks! ill let you know what happens