How realistic are July offers of Admission

• Thread starter molecularbiorules
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

molecularbiorules

I was just wondering after listening to a bunch of my friends who applied last year, what are the real possibilities of being taken off the waitlist in July? I mean most schools come right out and say most of their movement happens from May 15th to June 15th! So now that we're well into the first week of July are the lists slowing down and are our chances continually decreasing? Any info would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on the school.

I don't think you'll get a straight answer... just anecdotal ones like mines.

I know of a colleague/friend who was interviewed in May and accepted in mid July.... but you're absolutely right.... as July gets deeper and deeper, then you're chances gets closer to nil.... Although, I know of someone who got accepted two days before orientation at USC.... You never know....

Members don't see this ad :)
As the summer moves on, yes, chances get a little slimmer each week. However, many schools have indicated that waitlist movement has been happening a little slower this year, for whatever reason. And anecdotally, I think you will be able to find at 90% of the US med schools, at least one student in each class who was admitted one week or less before the start of classes. My best advice would just be to continue to contact the admissions offices regularly; send email or regular mail updates, letters of interest, etc. Additional letters of rec can also be helpful, if you haven't already done so. Good luck.

molecularbiorules "How realistic are July offers of Admission"

More realistic than August offers of Admission? :D