Medical How severe is this institutional action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
During my freshman year, I was part of a FaceBook study group for one of my classes. Someone posted a study guide made of a bunch questions from past tests and homework. I didn’t know this, but it was against the rules to record test and homework questions because they’re reused in following semesters. I hit the like button on that post. Later, the professor found out about the post and reported everyone who interacted with it. I got a warning for knowing about the study guide and not reporting it.

I was wondering how this will affect my applications? And how do schools treat IAs in general? For example, are there some schools that automatically deprioritize IA applicants without first reading what the IA was? Or for example, can an IA delay the review of my application or delay interview invites?
An IA can delay an app because multiple eyeballs have to do due diligence and examine the infraction

BUT., this is one of those honor infractions that my Adcom places little weight on.

Just explain and own it, and you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for the info. If a school wants access to my disciplinary record, they will ask for it correct? Or in other words, they don’t need me to send in anything else besides the IA explanation on the AMCAS at this time (in general)?

Also will the school typically ask for these records before extending an II or an acceptance?
It will be on your transcripts and you don't have to send anything extra.

It actually isn’t on my transcripts. It’s only on my disciplinary record, and I’m unsure of how to send that to the schools (unless they specifically request it like BUSM did). Would you advise that I just wait until they ask for it?
The schools will get this info when they contact your school

Status
Not open for further replies.