SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How should i approach the next 4 weeks?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by rcwha, May 14, 2008.

1. rcwha

rcwha 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2008
    So I moved down my test to next month b/c i didn't feel confident taking it this week for various reasons.

BIO. For the biology sections ive been using the kaplan blue book. I have finally realized after taking achiever and top score that the blue book is def. NOT sufficient enough for the bio section. What other stuff do i need to cover for biology that's not in the blue book? I'll be using campbell for my other source.

CHM. I'm still uncertain about the chm section because i hear that it is now more conceptual. So i think im going to take a different approach (rather than knowing how to do the calc.) in studying that. <<<<< Any advice? A lot of ppl that have recently taken the DAT are saying that kaplan did a good job in covering the chm section. Are they talking bout the course or the BOOK? Do any of you guys think the kaplan blue book is good enough for chm?

I feel like im ready for the the orgo section but i still need to touch up on nmr stuff.

I guess for the last three sections im just going to keep practicing problems.

Ultimately, I'm going to go over the Achiever exam and touch up on the questions i got wrong. Do you think that's a good idea? Or am I going to be overstudying (especially for the bio section)?

I apologize for making this long, but I really do appreciate your input.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. allstardentist

allstardentist All-Star 10+ Year Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    yeah Kaplan bio book is DEF not enough. Just get an AP bio review book and read that over. going over DAT achiever is a good idea since many said they saw some questions from achiever.
  4. teamchee

teamchee 2+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Recently took the DAT, and I feel like this really really worked for me: Spend the first 2 of the 4 weeks doing whatever you need to do to be able to say confidently, for every section, "there is nothing more I could have done to improve my score on this section."

Then, one week going over Destroyer, making sure that everything makes sense.

Then, one week of one topscore/achiever test per day.

The night before, do whatever it takes to relax.

The day of, divide and conquer!

Good luck!!