How should I go about MCAT prep these next 6 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntsInMyEyes_Johnson

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for the MCAT for a while, my content review is strong with Psych/Soc & Bio, but still rusty with Chem/Physics. I'm getting really frustrated with re-reading/watching my EK and TPR material, and don't feel I'm really learning from them. I always found doing problems for chemistry and physics to be much more helpful in learning the material.

That being said, would it be wise for me to use my EK 1001 Qs for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and OChem, TPR online content/Verbal Workbook (paid for a course last year and got it extended, but gave the books away) in order to study from now on?

I also have a bunch of practice exams from TPR and EK, plus there are the Khan passages and AAMC work (I have access to it from TPR). Would it be more optimal for me to concentrate on studying from questions for the next 6 weeks? My exam is on June 29th, so I want to make the most of this time I have left as I'm not satisfied with my current prep. If anyone has any advice, especially if they did something similar, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Target topics you have trouble with by watching short videos on those particular topics. I find animations are useful for chem/phys, and you can find a lot of them on YouTube. I would prioritize having a basic understanding of all the topics that could be on the test rather than focusing on details (exception: know all amino acid structures).
In terms of questions, you're short of time so you should focus on AAMC above all else.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been studying for the MCAT for a while, my content review is strong with Psych/Soc & Bio, but still rusty with Chem/Physics. I'm getting really frustrated with re-reading/watching my EK and TPR material, and don't feel I'm really learning from them. I always found doing problems for chemistry and physics to be much more helpful in learning the material.

That being said, would it be wise for me to use my EK 1001 Qs for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and OChem, TPR online content/Verbal Workbook (paid for a course last year and got it extended, but gave the books away) in order to study from now on?

I also have a bunch of practice exams from TPR and EK, plus there are the Khan passages and AAMC work (I have access to it from TPR). Would it be more optimal for me to concentrate on studying from questions for the next 6 weeks? My exam is on June 29th, so I want to make the most of this time I have left as I'm not satisfied with my current prep. If anyone has any advice, especially if they did something similar, that would be greatly appreciated :)

I would use the EK 1001qs, many people say they are really good. For full lengths, TPR are too extra and aren't representative. People have said the EK full lengths are really good. For anything you don't understand supplement with Khan academy.

I would leave 3-4 weeks for the AAMC material including their full lengths.

I would probably go a bit further than just knowing the amino acid structures- I would know the structures, classifications, 3 letter names, 1 letter names etc. I've gotten so many aamc questions giving me a bunch of letters representing AAs and asking me the net charge on the peptide at ph 7.4.

Reactions: 1 user