Medical How should I handle letter of reprimand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Earlier today I found out that I was issued a letter of reprimand from my University since I fell out of compliance with our covid testing. (I lost my student ID and couldn't get tested so I missed a bunch of tests) I am a very competitive applicant otherwise but was wondering if this means I am no longer competitive for top schools/all schools. It was a really dumb mistake not to get it replaced sooner especially as a senior. I'm probably going to beg the administration for some other sort of punishment since there were some extenuating circumstances. I could really use some advice
What was the time interval between losing your ID and the test date?

Members don't see this ad.

My last test April 10th, I lost my ID April 12th, I started getting reminders April 15th (Friday), I was going to get it replaced but mistakenly thought the office it was run was closed for the long weekend (in reality it was moved to different place), Replaced and found my ID first day I thought the ID center was open April 20th. Even though I was tested that morning I still received a letter from the admin that afternoon. Throughout the process too I was communicative that I would get tested if I could find my ID. I was also a little preoccupied since I was writing my senior thesis.

I also was entirely at my off campus home during this period apart from one hour on campus on Friday. I'm definitely going to report this on my app (even though it's not on my transcript) but I'm just curious if there is anything I could do from an application standpoint to make sure this mistake doesn't haunt me. I think some sort of directly covid19 testing/vaccination volunteering not just to give back but also to reflect. I'm curious what people who know about the process think.
It sound like you should be able to fight this

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thanks! I already tried fighting it but the admin shut me down. I know you general say time and service are the two best ways to deal with IA, so do you think serving as a covid19 volunteer might help when I have to bring this up in later primary, secondaries, etc.? I'm a college year who will be applying in the 2022-2023 cycle.

Also I heard that top schools might be particularly unforgiving for IAs since they already have so many well qualified, high-stat applicants who don't have IAs, so do you think maybe I shouldn't get my hopes especially up there?
Sure, a COVID volunteer sounds like a good option.

Yes, IAs hurt and particularly at top schools, but context matters. This isn't a case where you were cheating, and personally this doesn't seem particularly negligent on your part. And you're waiting a year before you apply. All of this together, I wouldn't overly worry about this, but definitely don't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.