1) That is generally recommended. What you did carries more weight than what you promise.I was unsure if there was an active official aacomas thread since I did not see people responding on some of the threads I saw. I had a couple questions.
1. Is it best to not include future hours in the space provided to include hours, and rather put that information in the activity description?
2. Is it a setback if my transcript is being mailed out tomorrow? I plan to submit my app tomorrow. The E-transcript was not an available option with what my schools used to AACOMAS said I had to mail it. Due to COVID, my school staff only comes in once a week and I just received my spring grades so there wasn't an earlier option. I know med schools will be understanding but do I include this in the COVID essay?
3. If I received a scholarship based on my high school academics that applies each year as long as I keep up my GPA, would I include that as an achievement? In AMCAS or in AACOMAS?
2) No it's not a setback. Not this early. It's not so much of an inconvenience as you think.
3) Leave HS accomplishments to the past unless it is of national prominence, but even then don't put a ton of weight on it.