How should I remind them for LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my application last week and asked LOR from my podiatrist and pre-med advisor almost about 3 weeks ago. They haven’t sent it yet. I emailed then to check the status but no replies. What should I do? How should I remind them?

Members don't see this ad.

I have submitted my application last week and asked LOR from my podiatrist and pre-med advisor almost about 3 weeks ago. They haven’t sent it yet. I emailed then to check the status but no replies. What should I do? How should I remind them?

It depends on your relationship with these people.

Can you call to remind them of the urgency? If so, I would follow up that way.

It's possible they aren't intentionally neglecting your request, the (respectfully) squeaky wheel.......

Ya I would prolly call them tomo

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry to hear about all of this but if I were you I would focus on contacting the pre-med advisor first because without this LOR your application will be incomplete at all the schools you applied to. Don't delay your application any longer then it has to. I would def CALL the pre-med advisor and ask politely if he/she has reviewed your file and wrote a LOR on your behalf.

As for the Podiatrist LOR...some schools require this LOR before matriculation. Some schools will even review your application and offer an interview without it. So def work on this as well but I think making sure your pre-med advisor writes a LOR on your behalf is def more important right now.

Good luck!

Is a letter of rec from a science professor or a pre-med advisor better?
Also, after my podiatrist already mailed out my LOR i noticed i screwed up my GPA calculation on the resume i gave him by .1, i mixed up the numbers .67 to a .76...is this a huge problem?!

Is a letter of rec from a science professor or a pre-med advisor better?
Also, after my podiatrist already mailed out my LOR i noticed i screwed up my GPA calculation on the resume i gave him by .1, i mixed up the numbers .67 to a .76...is this a huge problem?!

I don't think it really makes a difference. If you have a pre-med committee at your school then I would say go ahead and have them write one on your behalf. If you personally think they would not write a strong letter on your behalf then I say go ahead and find two science professors to write LORs for you.

I think most schools require two science LORs in place of a pre-med committee but I really don't think there is a preference.

You might want to ask The Real Scholl on her thread to get a feel what admissions people think of this situation.

I don't think the Podiatrist mixing up your stats is that big of a deal. It's understandable that they wouldn't know your specific academic stats in the first place. I feel that schools really focus on what the Podiatrist thinks of you as a person and how strongly he/she thinks you will become a successful physician.

I contacted my premed advisor and her assitant told me shes travelling alot lately. So I am assuming she busy. Should I contact another premed advisor or just wait for her response. But my application has been delayed :(

I contacted my premed advisor and her assitant told me shes travelling alot lately. So I am assuming she busy. Should I contact another premed advisor or just wait for her response. But my application has been delayed :(

Find two science professors to write LORs instead of waiting around for the pre-med advisor...don't delay your application any longer