Medical How should I report institutional action in application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am currently beginning to apply to medical school this coming cycle, and was wondering how to address an issue of institutional action that occurred my freshman fall of college in my application. In a lab course my first semester, another student used my lab reports as a template for hers that she submitted at the same time as me. Consequently, we were both flagged for plagiarism. There is an official record that is considered nondiscloseable as this incident only resulted in grade reductions on assignments, and no marks were placed on my official transcript. However, preprofessional advising said that I should disclose this anyways, and I am planning to. As a result, I was wondering how I should talk about this incident in my application and how much I should expect this to affect my application. I am ORM with a GPA of 3.97 at a top 10 university. My MCAT score was 518. I have around 600 hours of volunteering. I also have around 250 hours of clinical experience and 65 hours of shadowing experience. I have also conducted a lot of research as a undergraduate with a total of 2000 hours of research but no publications yet, and will also be conducting clinical research during my gap year. Thank you for any advice that you may be able to provide me!
You explain it just as you did here and own it.

Will it hurt? Nope.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.