How should I take the rest of my practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zogoto

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the test on August 15th, a little less than 3 weeks from now. I've taken Kaplan Full Lengths 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 (I've heard that they're less like the real MCAT after that), and AAMC 3, 7, and 8. I think I'll take about 6 (2 a week) more. Which tests should I take and when? Should I save the AAMC 9 and 10 for right before the test, or spread them out a little more? I'm aiming to score in the high 30s or low 40s, if that's any help (and the avg of my past 5 practice tests is 41.6). Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

def take 9 and 10 right before your exam date. what you should also do is make a schedule of when to take the tests, leaving approximately the same time in between your last practice test and the real thing and your previous practice tests; this way, you are set in that mode for taking the test. obv, you should try and simulate the testing conditions as closely as possible for you to get the most out of it.

good luck