kittiekat730

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
Please...anyone...give me some advices! beside the letter of interest, in what occasion should i send along an updated letter. If you just have a few thing to update, should you send one or just the LOI? Should I write it in a CV format or a letter format? I'm just not so sure about these...Please helpppppppppppppppppp. Thank you in advance!

GiantGiantsFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
Status
is this for a school you are waitlisted at or not? in any case, writing one letter should suffice. it doesnt need to be in any fancy format, in my opinion, just an ordinary business letter addressed to the dean or head of admissions should do.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
I would send the LOI first if you havent already, including all updates to that point. If anything comes up after that point, whether you started/finished volunteering, a class, or any other update, write another letter in letter format discussing what update you have since your last letter. There is no time limit between update letters, just keep sending them if you have something new to tell them. So keep sending 'em everytime you have a new update! As a last paragraph, always emphasize how much you hope to be accepted at that school, and maybe 1 or 2 reasons why you hope to go there. If its your #1 choice, I would always just write at the end that the school is in fact my #1 choice, and you are hoping for an acceptance to next Fall's class.

I wrote a lot of these during my grad program, I guess they worked, or at least helped out! Good luck!! :)

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
one more thing, find out the name of the Dean of Admissions to the school you are writing to and always address the letter to him/her...makes the letter more personal

OP
K

kittiekat730

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
Blue Scrub said:
one more thing, find out the name of the Dean of Admissions to the school you are writing to and always address the letter to him/her...makes the letter more personal
Thank you Blue Scrub and GiantGiantsFan for your input! So I should just write a letter of interest and updated my info together with it. Should I send the LOI to the Dean of Admissions or the Dean of the SOM or the Admission Director or all ?

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Yeah, if you havent written the LOI yet, send that out first, and include any updates...as to who to address it to....it should def go to either the Dean of Admissions or the Admissions Director...if you have been in contact with one or the other, address it to that one person. If both, I would go with whoever you've been in more contact with....you're welcome Kittie, glad to answer any questions!! Feel free to PM as well! :luck: :luck: