Medical How should I write Letter of Intent to Weill Cornell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WL from Cornell today. The two As that I have are state schools.

Does sending a letter of intent help in any way at Cornell? If so, is there a template I can use?

Thank you in advance.
LOIs serve to treat applicants’ anxiety more than actually affect outcomes. Send one of it makes you feel better but know on some level it probably doesn’t matter. No such template exists, just do no harm.

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely try as it can't hurt (most of the time...so do not do anything crazy). At least if you don't get off the waitlist you can say that you did everything you could have done. Congrats on the other two acceptances though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't checked your post history, but you haven't gotten any other acceptances except 2 offers from state schools? How many other alternate lists are you on? Why are you willing to give up the two A's?

At this time of the year, in my opinion, LOI will make no impact.

Two As from State schools, two WLs from schools that I will not take up if offered an A, and then Cornell.

From what I read on SDN, after WL is the only time LOIs may have an impact, if any. You are saying otherwise?
It depends on the school, but since the adoption of AAMC Choose Your Medical School procedures, my experience is that it has no impact. What matters is how you declare in CYMS; that gets our attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.