May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I've been doing both DG and BC, and my average score differs for both (Dat Genius seems to be slightly easier). Is the real DAT PAT more like BC or DG? Which PAT sections (TFE, keyholes, hole punch..) are more like DG and which are more like BC?

Jolly95

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
I only had bootcamp so I'll compare what I thought. IMO, I thought that the keyholes on the Real DAT were easier. There were 2 out of the 15 that I still had difficulty with but compared to BC, that was better. Angle rankings were about the same so they were good practice. Hope punches were a little easier on the real test because I only had to deal with one half hole punch question. Cube counting is the same. TFE was slightly easier on the real thing imo. But just slightly. And finally, pattern folding was about the same. I took the test July 27th and got a 21 on PAT, but my highest bootcamp score was a 19 so at least in my experience it was a little easier. But for the most part I felt this held true with bootcamp being a bit harder.

Reactions: Ardwan

rolltide15

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I'll put my two cents in. I have both BC and Crack DAT. I haven't taken the test yet but I personally think Crack DAT was a little bit harder in some of their hole punching sections so it was good to get to see how to master those in case they do come up on the exam. Crack DAT has a lot more shading on their pattern folding and overall I thought Crack DAT was a little harder than bootcamp but I feel confident about the PAT section because of both.

Mar 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I take my test on Tuesday and I have been using both Bootcamp and Genius for PAT, scoring slightly higher on Genius. I can let you know how the real exam goes.

Reactions: Jolly95 and Ardwan
Oct 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
DAT Genius and Bootcamp were both harder than the real DAT, but that teaches you. My scores for Genius and Bootcamp were probably overall +/- 2 or 3 points from my final scores, but I didn't write down all my practice test scores.

Keyholes were more like Genius since I found Bootcamp keyhoels crazy, but the rest of the PAT sections were kinda a mix/average of what you see in both