How similar is the 2007 (or 2009) DAT to the 2020 DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krysp1243

Reaction score
I have been studying for the DAT and I recently came across the 2007 released version, but I feel like it pretty easy (especially compared to some of the bootcamp exams).
To anyone that has taken the DAT recently: Did you feel that the exam you got was similar in difficulty to the 2007 exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Those are a lot easier than the actual exam. I wouldn’t even use them as study aids unless you just want to see the general layout of the exam.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been studying for the DAT and I recently came across the 2007 released version, but I feel like it pretty easy (especially compared to some of the bootcamp exams).
To anyone that has taken the DAT recently: Did you feel that the exam you got was similar in difficulty to the 2007 exam?
You will find it easier because the test is 13 years old and the DAT exam has become much more challenging through the years, but it was an actual exam created by the ADA for that year. Because the problems were written by creators of the DAT exam, it does have value but as with all timed test none will accurately predict a score.

Good luck on your DAT...#think30...Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with everyone else but I wouldn't say they're useless. Use them to get your feet wet as a mock test.

You can purchase an actual DAT from the ADA if you want to consider. I did. For the 2014 DAT sitting, I purchased like a 2009 DAT. I think it might go back 5 years. I got into a school for the class of 2022, had to leave for a health issue, So I am retaking the DAT, restarting. But that actual test I bought, I recall it had a fairly involved physics problem. It took a while for me to go back through and work it out. But on the actual 2014 DAT-no such thing. You never know. The practice from an actual, say 2015 DAT copy, might be worth it.

Reactions: 1 user